Login or register with Wargaming Account

Packet loss, need help PWease

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Packet loss, need help PWease

Postby T90_TANK » 15 Jul 2014 05:07

I'm getting serious connection problems, when ingame I often see that my ping meter has stopped (doesn't change), the lag meter also stops turning red/green and my tank begins to drive forward without my input. All i can do at this point is turn the turret, once it drives a few seconds in everything stops on my screen and lag meter turns red. Once i reconnect of course I've driven half the map. The amount of suicides I have done thanks to this is just unbearable...

I ran the test on pingtest and it said 18% packet loss with 70 ping and 7 jitter, the score was lowest - F.
I use wireless as my laptop is upstairs and modem along with everything else is downstairs. I moved upstairs thus losing the ethernet cable that I used before so that I can have some privacy and i'm not moving back down cause this is BS. If anyone has any suggestion on how to fix this then I would kindly appreciate and before you say "google is your friend" I haven't been able to find anything useful on this issue, maybe i'm just back with googling.

P.S. if it means that I have to make a decision between wot and privacy, i'll take the latter.

T90_TANK

Re: Packet loss, need help PWease

Postby H311fi5h » 15 Jul 2014 06:44

When I had the same problem back at my parent's I used power-line. It will set you back 30 - 50 € but it works really well.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Pastaiolo » 15 Jul 2014 10:57

Might also be some temporary problems on your ISP.

Did you try playing WoT again with the ethernet cable instead to see if you still got the problem?

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 15 Jul 2014 14:31

H311fi5h wrote:When I had the same problem back at my parent's I used power-line. It will set you back 30 - 50 € but it works really well.

still using it, 20-30 euro you get a nice package of two adapters that also can encrypt the data on 128 bit ( not so good but enough for powercable )

i use 4 of these for like 6 years now: http://geizhals.at/de/tp-link-av500-min ... 01395.html

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby T90_TANK » 18 Jul 2014 15:26

Strange, i was using 2 USB adapters before because I thought it would boost my connection, each being independent from each other. Turns out that, that is what was causing the problem or at least most of it. Ingame my ping is still just fine but nearly all of the packet loss is gone now, been playing 2 days with only the one adapter and it works just fine.
As you can tell i haven't got a clue about these kinds of things but i guess they interrupted each other's connection or something, I don't know but i'm glad its fixed.

T90_TANK

Return to Public Friends' Section