Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk sports thread

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk sports thread

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 20 Aug 2014 11:49

I guess there is no need to be ashamed of my weight since i am working actively to get rid of it. Just one more kg and i'm done with losing my first 10kg. :SOA:

I'm not really sure how much fat i've really burned away since i gained a shitload of muscles but it's hella addictive. The fact that i see the results after each day of training just fuels my desire to push my limits as often as i can. Having these muscles... dayuuuum, feels so good even with some of them still beeing hidden below a layer of uggly, chubby mass.
:deadseal: :waxx25:

Which makes me think how much i could have lost if i've also changed my foodplan. I'm still eating as much as i used to but with less fried shit and more salats :sealmato:

ShrubberyCollector

Postby wetlioN » 20 Aug 2014 12:04

ShrubberyCollector wrote:I guess there is no need to be ashamed of my weight since i am working actively to get rid of it. Just one more kg and i'm done with losing my first 10kg. :SOA:

I'm not really sure how much fat i've really burned away since i gained a shitload of muscles but it's hella addictive. The fact that i see the results after each day of training just fuels my desire to push my limits as often as i can. Having these muscles... dayuuuum, feels so good even with some of them still beeing hidden below a layer of uggly, chubby mass.
:deadseal: :waxx25:

Which makes me think how much i could have lost if i've also changed my foodplan. I'm still eating as much as i used to but with less fried shit and more salats :sealmato:

would you consider weight lifting as a successful tool for fatloss?

and yea, getting your first results in weight lifting feels awesome cause you get more aware of your body and all the muscles :gusta:

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 20 Aug 2014 13:39

veitileiN wrote:would you consider weight lifting as a successful tool for fatloss?

yesh. I do.

veitileiN wrote:and yea, getting your first results in weight lifting feels awesome cause you get more aware of your body and all the muscles :gusta:

dis.

ShrubberyCollector

Postby gigeli » 20 Aug 2014 14:21

I also can confirm, that cardio is probably not the best way to lose fat. Or at least not the way the most do cardio training. I recently read a study, that a high loss of fat only can be achieved through cardio (in this case running), if the trainings (e.g. once per day) are very frequent and considerably short (maybe just 20mins - 1/2 hour). On the other hand, most people go for 1h 3-4 times per week, which is of course good for your heart and your circulation, but doesn't help that much for fat loss. However the results of the study were not mechanistic, they just explained that the statistical results confirm a significantly higher fat loss if you do cardio more frequent and in shorter intervals. The mechanisms why this is the case are probably quite complicated and yet unknown, although this question is also quite interesting I guess.

I mean in the end your energy uptake should be lower than your energy intake to lose weight. That's the physics. But I guess since muscles require a whole lot of energy, you can bump up your daily energy requirements to a level, where basically the muscles just burn the fat.

gigeli

Postby Paris_Hilton » 20 Aug 2014 15:22

70% of your fat loss is what u eat!!! eat lean get results... i can lose fat without really doing sport (just walk a lot)

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 20 Aug 2014 20:47

gigeli wrote:I also can confirm, that cardio is probably not the best way to lose fat. Or at least not the way the most do cardio training. I recently read a study, that a high loss of fat only can be achieved through cardio (in this case running), if the trainings (e.g. once per day) are very frequent and considerably short (maybe just 20mins - 1/2 hour). On the other hand, most people go for 1h 3-4 times per week, which is of course good for your heart and your circulation, but doesn't help that much for fat loss. However the results of the study were not mechanistic, they just explained that the statistical results confirm a significantly higher fat loss if you do cardio more frequent and in shorter intervals. The mechanisms why this is the case are probably quite complicated and yet unknown, although this question is also quite interesting I guess.

I mean in the end your energy uptake should be lower than your energy intake to lose weight. That's the physics. But I guess since muscles require a whole lot of energy, you can bump up your daily energy requirements to a level, where basically the muscles just burn the fat.

the main thing is probably hormone production, if u consistently push yourself your body thinks hes on pressure all the time. weight lifting is pushing this (testosterone etc.) thats why i improved in fat loss a alot the moment i went back to compound exercises which push your body very hard in all aspects every 2nd day.

only isolation exercises wont do the job for weight loss i guess

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 21 Aug 2014 09:04

eating >90% of the time clean because i don't have time to cheat (when i can eat i have to get dem proteins and carbs intu da body - the important ones), lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks as a result. i got nice abs nao and i'm more vascular, but it doesn't help my mindset. when you actually wanna bulk up but lose weight instead - it feels like you're shrinking no matter how hard you struggle. now i know how it must feel like to be a hardgainer QQ
my daily calory need just went through the roof since i changed from sitting and sleeping all day to walking/working all day -.-

all measures will be taken to not drop below 90kg though, chokkoloid is ready! >:D

edit: despite losing weight my powa still goes up, which is kinda nice :dealwithit:

Last edited by burnzilla on 21 Aug 2014 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 21 Aug 2014 09:11

ShrubberyCollector wrote:Which makes me think how much i could have lost if i've also changed my foodplan. I'm still eating as much as i used to but with less fried shit and more salats :sealmato:

yeah you just need to get started, if you would change everything right from the beginning it would probably not be as much fun as it is now. with the recent results you get more and more motivated, the hunger for more success will make you improve everything piece by piece. you just have to find a way for you that is fun, yet effective so you don't lose the spirit to go on and lose the weight that is still too much.
most importantly not just quit and get the fat back which you lost in months of hard work.

congratz to the 10kg already :SOA:

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 21 Aug 2014 09:13

burnzilla wrote:eating >90% of the time clean because i don't have time to cheat (when i can eat i have to get dem proteins and carbs intu da body - the important ones), lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks as a result. i got nice abs nao and i'm more vascular, but it doesn't help my mindset. when you actually wanna bulk up but lose weight instead - it feels like you're shrinking no matter how hard you struggle. now i know how it must feel like to be a hardgainer QQ
my daily calory need just went through the roof since i changed from sitting and sleeping all day to walking/working all day -.-

all measures will be taken to not drop below 90kg though, chokkoloid is ready! >:D

90kg masterrace! I weigh 90kg, although I'm 2meters tall.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 21 Aug 2014 11:09

Bowser_nl wrote:
burnzilla wrote:eating >90% of the time clean because i don't have time to cheat (when i can eat i have to get dem proteins and carbs intu da body - the important ones), lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks as a result. i got nice abs nao and i'm more vascular, but it doesn't help my mindset. when you actually wanna bulk up but lose weight instead - it feels like you're shrinking no matter how hard you struggle. now i know how it must feel like to be a hardgainer QQ

do u even lift breh??? also 90kg at 185cm :jelly:

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 21 Aug 2014 11:25

veitileiN wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

90kg @ 185cm? Dat overweight BMI. >:D

I don't lift, I run to stay in shape.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 21 Aug 2014 11:34

Bowser_nl wrote:
veitileiN wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

90kg @ 185cm? Dat overweight BMI. >:D

I don't lift, I run to stay in shape.

bmi doesnt consider massels, so yea, im a confirmed fatty now :fat:

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 21 Aug 2014 11:40

I don't have the discipline to do a complete workout routine anyway. I run and do the occasional crunches/pushups because it just feels good to be in shape and have good stamina, but eating rabitfood and doing an entire exercise routine every day is not for me.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 21 Aug 2014 11:45

Bowser_nl wrote:I don't have the discipline to do a complete workout routine anyway. I run and do the occasional crunches/pushups because it just feels good to be in shape and have good stamina, but eating rabitfood and doing an entire exercise routine every day is not for me.

but if you run and do push ups/crunches on a regular basis its a fine and ez way to stay in shape and healthy, altho you could use some back training tho (even for better support in your everyday life) so maybe try lift some shit up the ground regulary :)

nice vid

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 21 Aug 2014 12:11

veitileiN wrote:and yea, getting your first results in weight lifting feels awesome cause you get more aware of your body and all the muscles :gusta:

Comming back to this... I know that this might sound stupid but does anybody else likes to flex and strech his muscles just because it feels good? Even though you are the only one in the room?
I often catch myself by doing it without thinking.
Maybe it's because i'm slowly converting to the arnuld religion...
:sealmato:

ShrubberyCollector

Postby wetlioN » 21 Aug 2014 12:39

ShrubberyCollector wrote:

Comming back to this... I know that this might sound stupid but does anybody else likes to flex and strech his muscles just because it feels good? Even though you are the only one in the room?

good goood! let the :gusta: flow through you
basically doing this 24/7 xD

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 21 Aug 2014 16:08

veitileiN wrote:
ShrubberyCollector wrote:

good goood! let the :gusta: flow through you
basically doing this 24/7 xD

only because your are mr sexiі(s)

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby burnzilla » 22 Aug 2014 05:56

1,79m and 91kg on empty stomach, bmi my ass :gusta:

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Paris_Hilton » 23 Aug 2014 00:54

1.83 93 kg with 0 sport...

depending what i train.. if i do powerlifting i go to 97-100 kg (max was @ 107 kg)

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 28 Aug 2014 15:09

:D

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext