Login or register with Wargaming Account

CS:GO

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: CS:GO

Postby Xen » 16 Aug 2014 21:48

so it's confusing in every other FPS? CS is the only game with a desynched crosshair

Can't see anything wrong with that.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby nkouhoe » 16 Aug 2014 22:29

Well dont know since Im used to it and its good that the crosshair is not going all over the place.
Not sure If its like this in CS cause of netcode or other mechanics of the game. But probably its like this cause of the old HALF LIFE or was the aim synched there?
Cant remember..

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 16 Aug 2014 23:13

Xensation wrote:it's not about the looks, it's about the fact the crosshair is totally and utterly useless, because it doesn't correspond to the actual location where the shots will go at all. the recoil of the gun can go in a huge 7, Z, I or whatever pattern and the crosshair will move upwards a tiny bit instead. The bloom is not displayed by the crosshair at all, it just changes its size depending on your state (standing, crouching, walking, running) and how long you hold down the mouse button up to a maximum. The gun might as well still be perfectly accurate with no actual bloom at all or have a real crosshair bigger than the entire screen.

All this means you have to aim at a totally different spot that you actually want to hit and makes shooting (and more importantly hitting) stuff highly unintuitive and a stupid thing you're forced to get used to/learn.

I also dislike the lack of feedback when killing/hitting an enemy. The latter is most probably because I run the lowest settings and cannot see blood.

what you describe is what the crosshair/gun handling is/was in day of defeat since the beginning (played it myself since 3.1b and was really good at it :dealwithit: ) . just the randomness of the weapon adds to the crosshair because it doesn't have pinpoint accuracy like in quake or ut. i liked that gun handling the most i ever crossed in any games i played. you don't need to guess where to shoot, but still need a lot of skill to spray controlled.
actually that's a point which is pissing me off too in cs, but i'm a noob and just too damn lazy to adjust to cs or play it more / learn to spray more controlled. just aim right before even firing works fine for me.
even with bad recoil control you usually don't need more than 3/4 hits with ak/m4 and those you can easily score most of the time while aiming at the chest and just ratatatatata (depending on the range ofc, because you wouldn't spray on a long on dust2 i.e. but rather do one-taps).
all in all i can just say, learn to aim and you won't have to think about spraying 90% or more of the time. primary meaning always pre-aiming at hs-height or at least chest-height so you'll just need a short burst to kill. :)

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 16 Aug 2014 23:24

I have trouble hitting anything really. trying CS right now

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby AaMelon » 17 Aug 2014 02:01

Pro ninety, spray and pray motherfockers!

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 17 Aug 2014 03:54

if you're a noob at fps then there's nothing left but to play a lot to get better aiming skillz :P

useful thingy btw for ch customization
http://csgocrosshair.dathost.net/#alpha=200/color=5/color_b=50/color_r=50/color_g=250/dot=0/gap=0/size=5/style=2/usealpha=1/thickness=0.5/outline=0/outline_draw=0

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 17 Aug 2014 05:17

that doesnt solve the uselessness of the crosshair x)

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 17 Aug 2014 08:27

'No fear, Biceps is always with you'

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby _GLaDOS » 17 Aug 2014 08:37

I played it from 1.1 to 1.6... pre1.3 was still the best with bunny hopping...
Now I'm too old for it and my reaction time is way too slow

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby kihrEx » 17 Aug 2014 09:45

_GLaDOS wrote:Now I'm too old for it and my reaction time is way too slow

I thought this too, but I was positively surprised how well your insticts wake up when you play a little bit intesively O:)

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby kihrEx » 17 Aug 2014 09:47

I love how this game makes my bloodpressure rise and fall and adrenaline rushing all the time in every game even though the games are not even that close, or that there's no money in stake or anything.

For some reason, just playing MM with couple of friends feel alot more competitive even than WGL matches... such intesity

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Marliini » 17 Aug 2014 09:55

Aye with a couple of friends it is much more enjoyable. Alone in the world of silver it was grim. Very grim ;(

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby kihrEx » 17 Aug 2014 10:40

One of the best moments

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 17 Aug 2014 11:25

im so used to the gun handling in cs 1.6 that i got rly frustrated playing csgo. i have to play some aiming maps and get used to the gun handling again. i felt the recoil better in old cs. also the deagle is useless for me now which is very QQ

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby kihrEx » 17 Aug 2014 11:29

veitileiN wrote:im so used to the gun handling in cs 1.6 that i got rly frustrated playing csgo. i have to play some aiming maps and get used to the gun handling again. i felt the recoil better in old cs. also the deagle is useless for me now which is very QQ

This is true, but I feel like it's more about aimskills now than it was in 1.6, source was just spray&pray, which is good thing in GO that you really need to a superman to control the spray. I played some aim_map for 20minutes on friday and I really noticed the change to my aiming. It doesn't take that much time really. few 15 min sessions a day keeps the aimbugs away :P

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby nkouhoe » 17 Aug 2014 13:20

_GLaDOS wrote:I played it from 1.1 to 1.6... pre1.3 was still the best with bunny hopping...
Now I'm too old for it and my reaction time is way too slow

CS is more about staying at the right spot and moving in at the right angle, preaiming where an enemy is.
Thats why you need a good soundcard to hear steps better. Back in the days I didnt use only a onboard soundcard and the difference was huge.
You can do so much just by hearing the steps right.

Ofc reaction is a big thing here still but actually 90% of the community dont have good reactions or aiming.
Furthermore unlike than it was in CSS you need to be point accurate to do headshots. In CSS you didnt cause of the fucked up hitboxes and strange recoil.
So its a little bit more like in 1.6 but there the hitboxes were also bad as far as I know.

Anyway because of this you will spray more often, you even see that when watching the pros playing. I see that as an advantage over CSS cause there you couldnt do anything when you didnt do a oneshot directly.

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 17 Aug 2014 17:38

I have this game too, bought it during sale and played for 20min so if anyone wants to play let me know.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby nkouhoe » 17 Aug 2014 18:13

Guys make sure you are in the IDEAL steam group so we can find one another.

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 17 Aug 2014 19:07

no chances to play this without steam ?

i rather play q3:ra online :)

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby AaMelon » 17 Aug 2014 19:13

Brati007 wrote:no chances to play this without steam ?

i rather play q3:ra online :)

Why? You have anything against steam?

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section