Login or register with Wargaming Account

tank discussion

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: tank discussion

Postby Bwargh » 05 Oct 2014 15:08

Aa_Melon wrote:why sell a t10?
Btw T57 heavy is still awesome

I agree that selling a t10, and even more the T57 which is not garbage, is kinda meh. But T57 is rubbish compared to 50B now imo.

Bwargh

Postby Swoopie » 05 Oct 2014 15:43

Aa_Melon wrote:
Swoopie wrote:
Sekundenkleber wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, but will the KV-1S still be used for competitive T6 stuff?

EDIT: by KV-1S i mean the new KV-85

Haven't tried it myself but heard that the gun control on the 100mm is much better than on the old 122mm. So based on that I'd say they're still useful alongside Cromwells and some other stuff.

And I'll probably sell the T57, and get the E5 back. Been wanting a tank which can actually brawl, and now I have a chance to get one.

why sell a t10?
Btw T57 heavy is still awesome

1. Bought it while it was -30% so the overall credit loss is about 1m
2. If I get E5 I need a crew for it (Original E5 crew is in the T32).
3. Because of point 2. the T57 would sit in the garage collecting dust.
4. As you know I'm in the military and don't have that much time to grind credits, so selling is the easier option.
5. And also because my time is limited, I want to enjoy the game. Right now I haven't enjoyed T57 much while the E5 is very tempting to get (And I did like it a lot back in the days).

Will test the T57 today night and make the final judgement.

Swoopie

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Kolbur » 05 Oct 2014 20:54

Swoopie wrote:
Sekundenkleber wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, but will the KV-1S still be used for competitive T6 stuff?

EDIT: by KV-1S i mean the new KV-85

Haven't tried it myself but heard that the gun control on the 100mm is much better than on the old 122mm. So based on that I'd say they're still useful alongside Cromwells and some other stuff.

And I'll probably sell the T57, and get the E5 back. Been wanting a tank which can actually brawl, and now I have a chance to get one.

I only tried KV-85 once but I don't see why the 122mm shouldn't be used. The gun control is a bit shittier but it was already shitty before and it didn't matter because of stronk soviet akkuracy! Dat alpha and pen is still there too... I don't see a replacement for KV-85 (and the 100mm is still an alternative if heavies have to snipe more).

Kolbur

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Oct 2014 12:30

To answer Hellfish' question from a few days back. This is where you pen the Löwe with the T49 HE shells.

In game it says the Löwe has 100 mm side armor, but the marked area is 80mm and the rest is 115mm effective.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Daedal__ » 17 Oct 2014 17:14

Bowser_nl wrote:To answer Hellfish' question from a few days back. This is where you pen the Löwe with the T49 HE shells.

Spoiler:

In game it says the Löwe has 100 mm side armor, but the marked area is 80mm and the rest is 115mm effective.

I usually try to go for turret sides, as if you are too far it would be very hard to hit such a small spot (then again I have pened T110e5s and T34s in side hull just above tracks several times) and when at close range for the most part you will not be allowed to stay and aim down fully.

But maybe you are right, should try, as the turret sides are often enough not penetrated.

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Oct 2014 21:10

Daedal wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:To answer Hellfish' question from a few days back. This is where you pen the Löwe with the T49 HE shells.

Spoiler:

I usually try to go for turret sides, as if you are too far it would be very hard to hit such a small spot (then again I have pened T110e5s and T34s in side hull just above tracks several times) and when at close range for the most part you will not be allowed to stay and aim down fully.

But maybe you are right, should try, as the turret sides are often enough not penetrated.

I was right next to him, turret has 90 something armour

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 17 Oct 2014 21:44

How is the T-54 Lightweight baby tank?

RU 251 so far is amazing, haven't bought the T49 yet since im not sure if its a rage rng tank.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Oct 2014 22:01

Remmke wrote:How is the T-54 Lightweight baby tank?

RU 251 so far is amazing, haven't bought the T49 yet since im not sure if its a rage rng tank.

It's meh. Only thing that makes it special is its armor. You can bounce 248 pen AP on your turret quite frequently. It's just a Wz132 with 100mm and armor.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby H311fi5h » 17 Oct 2014 22:02

T-54 ltwt camo is still bugged, so you will have to wait for patch 9.4 to properly asses it.
According to ftr it is on 30% discount next month, so you might want to wait if you haven't bought it yet.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 17 Oct 2014 22:59

not rly as stronk as ru. still my highest avg xp tenk

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Thoryk » 18 Oct 2014 09:44

In the new ranzar video.

It's so fitting :D

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby H311fi5h » 18 Oct 2014 12:06

I lol'd so hard when I watched it. It's perfect. Best ranzar in a long time.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Sekundenkleber » 04 Nov 2014 15:01

I tried the Bulldog with autoloader today. To all the people who said the non-autoloader is better since the tank came out: TO HELL WITH YOU!!!!

"There is no way he preaimed here. There is like literally no way any sane fucking person would have preaimed here." - SirFoch 2014
Sekundenkleber

Postby H311fi5h » 04 Nov 2014 15:10

I tried both guns and got exactly the same average damage. For random both guns are perfectly viable.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 04 Nov 2014 15:18

Sekundenkleber wrote:I tried the Bulldog with autoloader today. To all the people who said the non-autoloader is better since the tank came out: TO HELL WITH YOU!!!!

its not like im totally religiously discussing this everywhere already :angryseal: y people no listen :|

autoloader is luv autoloader is LYF!

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 04 Nov 2014 20:32

Thoryk wrote:In the new ranzar video.

i don't get it :tomatard:

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 04 Nov 2014 20:33

burnzilla wrote:
Thoryk wrote:In the new ranzar video.

i don't get it :tomatard:

Whats not to get? It's a drawn T49. :P

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby burnzilla » 04 Nov 2014 20:42

yeah i see that, but what's funny about it or anything ? never even had to smile when watching these comics :|

drawingskillz of our sealdesigner are like 10 times higher and sealemotes are waaaaaay funnier

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 04 Nov 2014 20:46

That smile perfectly describes me when I am playing with the 152mm shooting bchat 25t's ass

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 04 Nov 2014 20:47

It's not about the detail of drawing or the storytelling, but the fact that ranzar is somehow able to make those tanks feel alive, to make them human, everyone with his own charakter and personality. I think this is amazing.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section