Login or register with Wargaming Account

Old gold games

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Old gold games

Postby gigeli » 15 Apr 2014 18:49

Remmke wrote:Love old games see my collection:

Mainly FPS are my favorites: Doom, Duke3D, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Deus Ex etc...

Absolutely fell in love with your trash bucket <3

gigeli

Postby wetlioN » 15 Apr 2014 19:01

toxic waste, if u know what i mean :pedoseal:

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 15 Apr 2014 19:02

veitileiN wrote:toxic waste, if u know what i mean :pedoseal:

Toxic Tissues amirite?

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 15 Apr 2014 19:07

just had a look at the collection... :jelly:

pretty much sums up my gaming from 1998-200x

commando. halflife series, turok, unreal(tournament), gta2, cossacks, tony hawk 2 <3 <3 <3 <3 ... and so on

jezzuz christ!

if id stand right in front of this collection id also need the waste disposal there :pedoseal:

dat doom on gameboy advance tho :P

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby nkouhoe » 15 Apr 2014 20:10

And why more than one copy for some games?

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 15 Apr 2014 22:16

Sometimes when i bought whole collections on eBay it contained the same game i already had, but shipping was same cost till 10kg.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby wetlioN » 11 Jun 2014 10:57

:O :pedoseal: :O

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 11 Jun 2014 12:45

Det Doom 1 door sound.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 11 Jun 2014 12:48

veitileiN wrote:toxic waste, if u know what i mean :pedoseal:

Hmm all those games were a distraction, you did not see my The Terminator with Anhuld poster? :smug: Busted, Anhuld laughs from his mountain.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Triple_A » 12 Jun 2014 09:45

Teslaptak wrote:you gous have to try Wake of gods ,and Horn of the Abbys (HoMM3 mods)
Also: Command and Conquer (only the first decade is good tho),Total annihilation and The Elder Scrolls series,any of you played it?

Total Annihilation is my favorite all time RTS game. :O <3 Unlimited resources and lots of robots to pew pew. Bestereset game evah. Too bad my old PC couldn't handle large maps :D

Something similar to Total Annihilation is Supreme Commander. You should try that as well.

As for HOMM3 I think Boogie and I will still play that many more years to come. >:D

Triple_A

Postby gigeli » 12 Jun 2014 09:48

Ah yeah, Total Annihilation! Recently downloaded it and I'm still enjoying it!

gigeli

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 12 Jun 2014 12:58

total annihilation is OSOM!!!! i recommend you mods likie : TAUCP, Total Mayhem and TA: escalation.

No Comrade Premier, it has only beguin.
Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 13 Jun 2014 13:43

- it’s possible that after “earth” (WoT), “air” (WoWp) and “water” (WoWs) are “conquered”, “space” is next (post mentions the Total Annihilation and Master of Orion franchises)
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/06/13/an-interview-with-wg-berlin-office-reps/
i'm hoping they're telling truth.

Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby nkouhoe » 13 Jun 2014 14:10

"In July, 2013, Wargaming.net bought the Master of Orion franchise and the Total Annihilation franchise from the Atari bankruptcy proceedings."
Its from wiki.

Question is If its really worth the effort since its hard to get into the RTS genre and 4x-Strategy games dont sell that good anyway.
Allthough I would really like to have another good one. Last one I played was Endless Space which was good but low budget.

nkouhoe

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 13 Jun 2014 14:21

Don't forget that they have Chris Taylor in studio (creator of TA)

Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Kolbur » 13 Jun 2014 14:44

nkouhoe wrote:"In July, 2013, Wargaming.net bought the Master of Orion franchise and the Total Annihilation franchise from the Atari bankruptcy proceedings."
Its from wiki.

Question is If its really worth the effort since its hard to get into the RTS genre and 4x-Strategy games dont sell that good anyway.
Allthough I would really like to have another good one. Last one I played was Endless Space which was good but low budget.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
WARGAMING KEEP YOUR DIRTY STINKING HANDS AWAY FROM MASTER OF ORION!! :angryseal:

Kolbur

Postby BoogieM » 13 Jun 2014 15:28

Well MOO 3 was a big disappointment for me. I really didn't like the game interface at all - it seamed like quite a few steps back from the previous.
I don't think WG can fuck things up much more than that.

BoogieM

Postby Keyhand » 24 Jun 2014 13:09

Teslaptak wrote:Don't forget that they have Chris Taylor in studio (creator of TA)

Speaking of that guy, I really enjoyed Supreme Commander Vanilla+Forged alliance and appearently there is a pretty active community that produced an add-on themselves: FA forever, have to try that one day...
but honestly, Supreme Commander 1 was the best RTS I have played so far... Stepless zoom makes you hate any other Strategy game where you cannot soom freely and allows for dynamic gameplay on huge maps. I also loved the features like multi screen support for different parts of the map and awesome nuclear explosion cameras (set one screen on the point of impact and watch one enemy base go up in a mushroom cloud while you order your units to attack the enemie's army on another - just epic). Also the balance between the factions was done pretty well still retaining unique units per faction. Production and unit management had so many options. The coolest thing about it was the resource management though where you did not have a stack of resources to create something but rather a fluctuating economy:
You could start building something and gather the resources for it while building it at the same time - made for some awesome planning. graphics was also exceptional.
It sort of is considered as the successor of Total Annihilation.
Two drawbacks though:
1.That game eats resource on your system like you wouldn't believe
2. Supcom 2 is shit.

A base on an island
Spoiler:

zoomed out map, for better overview units get icons in that strategic view, if you look closely you can see nukes flying around there hehe

A base being attacked
Spoiler:

A nuke detonating
Spoiler:

yes, I really loved that game and still do. A shame no one plays it any more, although it is from 2007 it still manages to eat up today's systems resources when playing on 81x81 km maps with thousands of units

Stronk Tenkerer *ducks*
Keyhand

Trial
Trial

Postby kihrEx » 24 Jun 2014 13:59

Keyhand wrote:
Teslaptak wrote:Don't forget that they have Chris Taylor in studio (creator of TA)

Speaking of that guy, I really enjoyed Supreme Commander Vanilla+Forged alliance and appearently there is a pretty active community that produced an add-on themselves: FA forever, have to try that one day...
but honestly, Supreme Commander 1 was the best RTS I have played so far... Stepless zoom makes you hate any other Strategy game where you cannot soom freely and allows for dynamic gameplay on huge maps. I also loved the features like multi screen support for different parts of the map and awesome nuclear explosion cameras (set one screen on the point of impact and watch one enemy base go up in a mushroom cloud while you order your units to attack the enemie's army on another - just epic). Also the balance between the factions was done pretty well still retaining unique units per faction. Production and unit management had so many options. The coolest thing about it was the resource management though where you did not have a stack of resources to create something but rather a fluctuating economy:
You could start building something and gather the resources for it while building it at the same time - made for some awesome planning. graphics was also exceptional.
It sort of is considered as the successor of Total Annihilation.
Two drawbacks though:
1.That game eats resource on your system like you wouldn't believe
2. Supcom 2 is shit.

A base on an island
Spoiler:

zoomed out map, for better overview units get icons in that strategic view, if you look closely you can see nukes flying around there hehe

A base being attacked
Spoiler:

A nuke detonating
Spoiler:

yes, I really loved that game and still do. A shame no one plays it any more, although it is from 2007 it still manages to eat up today's systems resources when playing on 81x81 km maps with thousands of units

Hell, even Age of Empires eats your performance and that game is more than 12 years old :D

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 24 Jun 2014 15:22

old games like AOE and RA2 will always eat whole PC CORE because they were programmed to have whole CPU (be4 multi-core era) for theirselves.
TA can also EAT shitloads of resources. i had giant epicness games eating more that 1,5GB ram (ofc more units patches and mods with stronkekrere AI and 10 playerz on huge metal map) :dealwithit:

Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section