Login or register with Wargaming Account

new headset

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: new headset

Postby wetlioN » 30 Dec 2014 11:06

tried the sennheiser pc 151 on the new soundcard, cant rly distinguish any big differences, but you can make it louder cause the amp is obviously bigger there.
maybe an audiophile with better ears can notice it btu i cant (only tested music, games might be different also)

regardign the new mic: bowser said its too quiet being clipped to my audio cable going into the new headphone so with the power of german engineering i made a desktop mic out of it,
quality is said to be really good now

>:D

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 30 Dec 2014 11:25

veitileiN wrote:tried the sennheiser pc 151 on the new soundcard, cant rly distinguish any big differences, but you can make it louder cause the amp is obviously bigger there.
maybe an audiophile with better ears can notice it btu i cant (only tested music, games might be different also)

regardign the new mic: bowser said its too quiet being clipped to my audio cable going into the new headphone so with the power of german engineering i made a desktop mic out of it,
quality is said to be really good now

>:D

The volume was ok, but it sounded muffled, like something was blocking it. The bottle setup was way better in quality.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Bowser_nl » 30 Dec 2014 11:41

Best setup 2k14. #Headphones are annoying

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 30 Dec 2014 12:45

phpBB [video]

also a gud video for this topic

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 30 Dec 2014 16:36

so for the special case that you are, you can say that the new headset+soundcard was a waste but the new micro is gud as long as its in the retarded position ?

you could have also used the old mic of the pc 151 in combination with gud new headphones then :deadseal:

edit: if its not your ears being broken, how was the quality of the edifiers ?

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby wetlioN » 30 Dec 2014 16:47

Brati007 wrote:so for the special case that you are, you can say that the new headset+soundcard was a waste but the new micro is gud as long as its in the retarded position ?

you could have also used the old mic of the pc 151 in combination with gud new headphones then :deadseal:

edit: if its not your ears being broken, how was the quality of the edifiers ?

no cuz i got a loose cable on the pc151 thats why i needed a new one
the new headphones sounds way better than my pc151 and the soundcard was at least needed to get more amp to get a nice volume lvl going.

havent tried the headphones without the soundcard maybe there is also a noticable difference there in soudn qualy

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pfuf » 30 Dec 2014 17:23

Spoiler:
Bowser_nl wrote:Best setup 2k14. #Headphones are annoying

looks like the masterrace logitech mic for everyone <3

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 11 Dec 2015 14:14

bump

so my headset broke down last night and i'm into needings of a new one.
judging by this thread there are 2 options i see so far. sennheiser hd558 or beyer dynamics dt770 pro + mic.

any new suggestions so far ? veit talked about a qpad hs which is basically beyer dynamics hw, but it looked like :!

edit:
i have small-normal ears and i prefer a closed hs

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 11 Dec 2015 14:19

burnzilla wrote:bump

so my headset broke down last night and i'm into needings of a new one.
judging by this thread there are 2 options i see so far. sennheiser hd558 or beyer dynamics dt770 pro + mic.

any new suggestions so far ? veit talked about a qpad hs which is basically beyer dynamics hw, but it looked like :!

ill get it tomorrow or like on monday so i can give u an opinion by then. but others here have it too afaik.

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Winter » 12 Dec 2015 01:18

Need I point out those HD 558s are open?

High-end open circumaural headphones with E.A.R. technology for outstanding bass and vocal projection

Don't have one myself, do have a sennheiser with those same pads, all I can say they're way more comfy than the fake leather ones especially when it's warm imho (but the dt770 pro seems to have the same sort of surface so that's not really an argument for one or the other).

burnzilla wrote:even though people say that the steelseries stuff breaks quite easy, i can't reinforce that opinion. i rolled over the cable like a hundred times already and everything still works.

So how many rolls over the cable did it survive in the end?

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby burnzilla » 12 Dec 2015 02:29

it lasted for 3 years. non stop daily use and crushing the cable daily multiple times ( can upload a screen tomorrow ).
Problem is more the overall quality of the headset, fake leather peeling off from the ear pads, the non leather stuff is really worn out and cables broke down finally.
but for 50€ it was definitely really good and i would recommend it to anybody.

quality is the main reason why i want a sennheiser/bd again. still have a pc151 which works totally fine and looks as good as new after dunno 8 years ?
doesn't have closed earphones though QQ

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 12 Dec 2015 07:16

burnzilla wrote:it lasted for 3 years.

fake leather peeling off from the ear pads

That's because you're meant to replace them after a while (perhaps not worth it for 50€ headphones). :P

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby burnzilla » 14 Dec 2015 00:38

http://www.qpad.de/headsets/QH-90/QH-90-Black.html

just saw u can unplug the mic from that hs, thank god Kreygasm
guess i'm gonna go with this + extra mic if veits review is good

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 14 Dec 2015 10:55

My 10y old Sennheiser (UT 2004 days) still not showing cracks while it has been subjected by abuse and the quality of audio is just as good as any expensive headset. Could recommend that brand. It has these over-ear foam pads that you wont notice even if you play games the whole day.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Previous

Return to Public Friends' Section