Login or register with Wargaming Account

new keyboard

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: new keyboard

Postby _GLaDOS » 08 Sep 2014 19:58

If you wanna stream on twitch, you properly need such a keyboard :smug:

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 08 Sep 2014 23:48

didn't expect almost everyone of you being so cheap about the keyboard :P considering the huge avalanche of comments on the mouse thread,
which is completely irrelevant imo since we play a game where you need aiming skills like a dead potato and nobody plays any fps or sth
competetively ^^

wet keyboard joke is getting lame already :smug:

poor (wet) veit

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby _GLaDOS » 09 Sep 2014 03:11

Come on, you like it too

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 09 Sep 2014 14:21

burnzilla wrote:didn't expect almost everyone of you being so cheap about the keyboard :P considering the huge avalanche of comments on the mouse thread,
which is completely irrelevant imo since we play a game where you need aiming skills like a dead potato and nobody plays any fps or sth
competetively ^^

poor (wet) veit

The thing is, you notice a high quality mouse regardless of what you do. Even simply browsing the web a good mouse will be much more comfortable than some cheap faulty piece of junk. A keyboard on the other hand doesn't make much of a difference. You press the buttons and the letters appear. The button types differ, depending on the models (e.g. slim vs ordinary) and mechanical switches can be pretty good, but they are way too expensive, IMO.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Paris_Hilton » 09 Sep 2014 14:48

i don t have a keyboard.. :paris_hilton:

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 09 Sep 2014 14:50

Paris_Hilton wrote:i don t have a keyboard.. :paris_hilton:

I play WoT with my joystick. :pedoseal:

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Brati007 » 09 Sep 2014 15:21

Xensation wrote:
burnzilla wrote:didn't expect almost everyone of you being so cheap about the keyboard :P considering the huge avalanche of comments on the mouse thread,
competetively ^^

poor (wet) veit

The thing is, you notice a high quality mouse regardless of what you do. Even simply browsing the web a good mouse will be much more comfortable than some cheap faulty piece of junk. A keyboard on the other hand doesn't make much of a difference. You press the buttons and the letters appear. The button types differ, depending on the models (e.g. slim vs ordinary) and mechanical switches can be pretty good, but they are way too expensive, IMO.

so wrong like always when inxenity talks about sth he cant understand ...if you write alot on your pc, you will for sure feel the difference furthermore some want silent keyboards and then you need them cherry mx keys, not only for gaming but also for fast writers its important that the keyboard supports NKRO16 or higher. its also nice to define the key travel and to have good software. and there are even more features that a keyboard can have to please your individual likes.

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Xen » 09 Sep 2014 17:21

Yes, NKRO16 is pretty important if you're too retarded to press the buttons one after another. For fast writing, a cheap slim (i.e. wannabe notebook) keyboard will do, because the key travel is low.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby burnzilla » 10 Sep 2014 01:50

Xensation wrote:The thing is, you notice a high quality mouse regardless of what you do. Even simply browsing the web a good mouse will be much more comfortable than some cheap faulty piece of junk. A keyboard on the other hand doesn't make much of a difference. You press the buttons and the letters appear. The button types differ, depending on the models (e.g. slim vs ordinary) and mechanical switches can be pretty good, but they are way too expensive, IMO.

yeah maybe u notice a difference between a 5€ tchibo mouse or something similiar and a 30€ mouse from logitech,ss,razer,insertrandombrandhere, but then again it's only important how it feels in your hand ( i.e. you like it curved or straight, big/small/heavy/light ). even then you can get such a mouse for like 15€.
but you won't notice a difference performance wise between a let's say 1500 dpi mouse and 4000 dpi mouse, especially not in wot.

i'll go with brati at this topic. you feel a much bigger difference with keyboards, i.e. how noisy it is, how smooth the keys are, extra keys, makros. in general a lot of comfort you can get there which is actually noticeable, especially when you write a lot or use it for more than pressing wasd.
i guess for one person the mouse brings more comfort for the other one the keyboard.

when i have decided what to buy i'll give some insight on the product of my choice :P

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 10 Sep 2014 03:22

I was referring to the quality of the sensor, scroll wheel and switches rather than the shape of the mouse. I have yet to see a cheap mouse that didn't have at least one of the following:
- a terribly awkward scroll wheel (too small, not enough grip, unresponsive, etc.)
- a sensor that goes full retard nonstop
- mouse buttons that are way too hard/soft.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 10 Sep 2014 13:00

Brati007 wrote:

so wrong like always when inxenity talks about sth he cant understand ...if you write alot on your pc, you will for sure feel the difference furthermore some want silent keyboards and then you need them cherry mx keys, not only for gaming but also for fast writers its important that the keyboard supports NKRO16 or higher. its also nice to define the key travel and to have good software. and there are even more features that a keyboard can have to please your individual likes.

1st time agreeing with bratte :Oo:

No Comrade Premier, it has only beguin.
Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 10 Sep 2014 13:28

Teslaptak wrote:
Brati007 wrote:

1st time agreeing with bratte :Oo:

True story

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 29 Sep 2014 21:01

to give you guys an update i was in a store today to take a look at the razer keyboard ( they had a kinda bad variety, spammed with roccat and razer stuff though )
and i can just say for myself that the deathstalker keyboard is pretty much crap. buttons feel like cheap plastic and the keyboard in general seems to give the impression it won't last long.
couldn't take a look at the lights, but first impression was really meh.
so definitely a no-go

i tried the razer black widow too and have to say, that one was pretty nice and felt really good, but for 150€ the price is way too high imo

gonna check another store tomorrow to see if there is room for more choices :P

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby arcrin100 » 30 Sep 2014 18:27

razor sucks. http://steelseries.com/products/keyboar ... eries-6gv2 best keyboard in the world.

it says "LIKE A TANK" and it is ive got one and its durable as fuck :P if you smash it like hulk some buttons might fly off and then you just put them back on and everythings fine again.

arcrin100

Trial
Trial

Postby kihrEx » 01 Oct 2014 09:11

friend of mine just bought this one http://qpad.com/products/keyboards/MK50/
tested it last weekend and I must say it felt really nice, the one he got was with Cherry Red switches and I'm gonna buy that same for myself on november <3

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 01 Oct 2014 16:19

kihrEx wrote:friend of mine just bought this one http://qpad.com/products/keyboards/MK50/
tested it last weekend and I must say it felt really nice, the one he got was with Cherry Red switches and I'm gonna buy that same for myself on november <3

you should test them blue switches before cause i think brown keys are gud for typing and stuff and red/blue were made for gaming and ze difference is noticeable

best nerd site i have is this one: http://www.tomshardware.de/Mechanische- ... 784-2.html but its german and you need to translate it

Brati007

Postby Bowser_nl » 01 Oct 2014 16:36

Brati007 wrote:
kihrEx wrote:friend of mine just bought this one http://qpad.com/products/keyboards/MK50/

you should test them blue switches before cause i think brown keys are gud for typing and stuff and red/blue were made for gaming and ze difference is noticeable

best nerd site i have is this one: http://www.tomshardware.de/Mechanische- ... 784-2.html but its german and you need to translate it

http://www.tomshardware.com/

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Brati007 » 01 Oct 2014 16:44

Bowser_nl wrote:
Brati007 wrote:

http://www.tomshardware.com/

the .com page is kinda shit and doesnt have the same tests and i am only using the toms.de cause of the author of that test: " igor wallossek " who is a genious.

Brati007

Postby Brati007 » 02 Oct 2014 08:34

burnzilla wrote:to give you guys an update i was in a store today to take a look at the razer keyboard ( they had a kinda bad variety, spammed with roccat and razer stuff though )
and i can just say for myself that the deathstalker keyboard is pretty much crap. buttons feel like cheap plastic and the keyboard in general seems to give the impression it won't last long.
couldn't take a look at the lights, but first impression was really meh.
so definitely a no-go

i tried the razer black widow too and have to say, that one was pretty nice and felt really good, but for 150€ the price is way too high imo

gonna check another store tomorrow to see if there is room for more choices :P

http://geizhals.at/de/das-keyboard-iv-p ... 63070.html

buy it, try it and for the case the awesomeness of this piece of high technology dont fit you, you can send it back within 14 days
(btw brown keys for typing and blue for gaming)

Brati007

Postby kihrEx » 13 Nov 2014 13:01

So I bought this badboy today http://qpad.com/products/keyboards/MK50/, my god this is heaven <3 :O

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section