Login or register with Wargaming Account

Steam Winter Sales

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Steam Winter Sales

Postby I_Manth » 02 Jan 2015 09:23

H311fi5h wrote:The money goes to your steam wallet. So yes, you can buy other stuff on steam for it.

Ok, thanks. :SOA:

I_Manth

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby HowTheStoryEnds » 02 Jan 2015 09:31

I wish I could turn that crap off tbh.

HowTheStoryEnds

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Sekundenkleber » 12 Jun 2015 01:46

Anyone planning on getting 'Dont starve together'? I already have it but havent played it so far...

Maybe someone can remove the "winter" part from OP?!?

"There is no way he preaimed here. There is like literally no way any sane fucking person would have preaimed here." - SirFoch 2014
Sekundenkleber

Postby EatinAintCheatin » 12 Jun 2015 07:05

I have had it for quite some time now, been playing with a friend. Message me on steam or pm if you want to play.

EatinAintCheatin

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pastaiolo » 12 Jun 2015 07:36

I am a little tempted by this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 12 Jun 2015 09:53

Pastaiolo wrote:I am a little tempted by this

:O
I always wanted a new Flatout
:O

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 12 Jun 2015 10:31

Pastaiolo wrote:I am a little tempted by this

:deadseal:

ShrubberyCollector

Postby Winter » 13 Jun 2015 08:52

Honestly some early access is perfectly fine.. Just never expect it to get finished and ask yourself if you would pay for the product as is..

Speaking of which I do believe I have don't starve as well, did you need to buy something else for the multiplayer bit while it was still in development?

As far as current sales are concerned, I like the binding of isaac: rebirth (phone too lazy for link). Who doesn't like a twin stick shooter type roguelike about a little kid shooting his own tears.. (Still on for 9 hours 50% off 7.50-ish)

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby ShrubberyCollector » 13 Jun 2015 10:20

Winter wrote:Honestly some early access is perfectly fine.. Just never expect it to get finished and ask yourself if you would pay for the product as is..

Speaking of which I do believe I have don't starve as well, did you need to buy something else for the multiplayer bit while it was still in development?

Yes, some are fine and the general concept isn't bad either. However if it wouldn't have been shamelessly abused by several game “developers“ I would certainly be more open minded towards early access.

Let's for example pick minecraft. The game is officially released but started in early access too. It's vanilla game experience hasn't changed a lot from alpha to release. The only reason why this became so popular is that it was unique and something new. Minecrafts biggest achievement is the giant modding community behind the game which adds huge amount of creative content to keep the game alive and fix it's issues. The vanilla experience is pretty dull and mojang isn't really doing anything for the game anymore. Why should they? The money is earned and the mod community does the rest.

I am going to post a video of Jim Sterling who I think has pretty much summed up whats wrong with early access:

phpBB [video]

Again, early access => generally good idea but the reputation it has gained from getting abused i.e. throw a game which is barely playable on the market, get the money for the investment back plus something extra and then don't bother with fixing or adding more to the game anymore, is why i don't trust any early access product. If i want it i will wait until it's released.

ShrubberyCollector

Postby _GLaDOS » 15 Jun 2015 09:12

well... I wonder how often you can "buy" this:

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Previous

Return to Public Friends' Section