Login or register with Wargaming Account

tank discussion

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

tank discussion

Postby wetlioN » 14 Apr 2014 08:53

the more i play the m60, the more i like it :likeasear: despite the fugly camo rating the track traverse speed and the gun depression makes it such an agile and versatile beast in most of the terrain <3

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: tank discussion

Postby Pastaiolo » 14 Apr 2014 09:34

And people focusing fire on you even more :P

What's the easiest t10 med?

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 14 Apr 2014 09:40

Pastaiolo wrote:And people focusing fire on you even more :P

What's the easiest t10 med?

t54

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pastaiolo » 14 Apr 2014 09:40

Thought so >:D

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 14 Apr 2014 09:42

otherwise i would translate easiest with versatile/mistake friendly - which will translate into e50m because it has armor and decent alpha demedge

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Xen » 14 Apr 2014 12:12

It has no camo and is big and sluggish as well (= you cannot correct mistakes and get punished very easily).

I'd say it's STB-1, because "lel what is positioning, I haz 10° depression", top DPM ("can I kill that mofo 1vs1? LEL OFC I CAN HHUEHUE") and reasonable camo, speed, armor, size, etc.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Marliini » 14 Apr 2014 12:22

Sure hope so. I'm now at T5 japanese tree and I'm feeling no love towards the japanese

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby wetlioN » 14 Apr 2014 12:43

sold chi nu today. yay ! i are of getting into even worse tanks now

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AngryBanana » 14 Apr 2014 12:46

Xensation wrote:It has no camo and is big and sluggish as well (= you cannot correct mistakes and get punished very easily).

I'd say it's STB-1, because "lel what is positioning, I haz 10° depression", top DPM ("can I kill that mofo 1vs1? LEL OFC I CAN HHUEHUE") and reasonable camo, speed, armor, size, etc.

E50m camo isnt that bad, its about 10% while the best t10 has ~17 and the worst <1, so it is about in the middle, with camo its pretty stealthy if you use bushes well.

AngryBanana

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 14 Apr 2014 12:56

veitileiN wrote:sold chi nu today. yay ! i are of getting into even worse tanks now

Chi-Ri is funnnn. The tier6 is horrific.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Pfuf » 14 Apr 2014 12:59

from my ingame experiences i would say obj. 140 seems to be easiest. its so fast, nimble and accurate while driving. + good armor and camo

if the t54 would have 300 hp more it would be an amazing TX :P

Pfuf

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 14 Apr 2014 14:08

The STB-1 can indeed sting but you cant mount optics unless you want type59 style gun handling which is kinda sad. Still with master rice food i pushed viewrange to 445m.

Ignore my fail end rush but here is nice showcase of tank capabilities. http://wotreplays.com/site/741667#ensk-remmke-stb-1

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Xen » 14 Apr 2014 14:16

didnt know the E50M had such stronk camo

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 14 Apr 2014 15:10

Pfuf wrote:from my ingame experiences i would say obj. 140 seems to be easiest. its so fast, nimble and accurate while driving. + good armor and camo

if the t54 would have 300 hp more it would be an amazing TX :P

the only thing the t54 doesnt have is amazing ap pen, hp and a little less dpm

other than that the t54 is as mobile as the t10s, heat pens everything it has better hull armor, turret can still bounce as much as the 140. it basically is a tier 10 <3

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Marliini » 14 Apr 2014 15:54

Good game Remmke. I feel a bit more confident about the japs. Shame that you had such a noob bat in your team. Someone needs to fix their priorities :P

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Kolbur » 14 Apr 2014 16:15

E-50M has the third worst camo rating of the tier 10 meds (and there's a quite big gap to the next best), only the 2 muricans have worse:

http://www.wotinfo.net/de/camouflage?co ... owLines=30

The camo is not negligible but it's simply not enough to use it for spotting like all other except the muricans can.

Kolbur

Postby H311fi5h » 14 Apr 2014 17:18

When i drive the M60 or M48 is always think why am i not in the FV4202. And that is not a particularly good tank either. Out of the tier 10 mediums i own the T-62A is the best pubstomper in my experience.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby CandyVanMan » 14 Apr 2014 21:45

Patton masterrace representin'

Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch your opponents, and live like a windrammer as you fuck.
CandyVanMan

Postby Daedal__ » 15 Apr 2014 03:05

Bowser_nl wrote:
veitileiN wrote:sold chi nu today. yay ! i are of getting into even worse tanks now

Chi-Ri is funnnn. The tier6 is horrific.

Not sure why many do not like the lower tier japanese, the only tank I did not like was Chi-ri.
-)Chi-nu had great gun for its tier, good view range, great gun depression, good mobility, normal size and goodish cammo. Yhe only thing lacking would be DPM and armor (but practically none of japanese have armor). Now there is also Chi-nu-kai, and that is actually quite horrid, playable but horrid.
-)Chi-to is a bit bigger, and a bit slower in acceleration, and with worse cammo (decent). But it still has great gun depression, a great gun for its tier and now with great DPM, good view range. So as the previous tank it is a great support tank.
-)Chi-ri, well it is HUMONGOUS, Titanic, fucking huge, has no armor, has so so cammo, nothing special view range, mobility of a heavy, and bad penetration (do consider that the bad penetration is also combined with bad mobility and no armor). The only good thing about this tank is the autoloaders properties that allow it to deal 390 damage in 2 sec at close ranges or at higher ranges against soft targets. In tier 7 games it can actually have wonderful games, at tier 8 games it can feel like shit (hope you never meet KV4tres), but at tier nine games it feels just miserable. You can still do something, but even gold ammo will not help you much in many cases. O and hope arty does not notice you big slow ass that has no armor and takes up full damage from HE shells. O, and it is FUCKING HUGE.
This picture would kind of describe how I looked like after finally finishing up Chi-ri
Spoiler:
so empty, so cold, Please kill me

Not sure how others liked tier 8 and 9 but I liked them, and they were good at what they were.

STB-1 is quite nice tank, the gun depression, the bouncy turret, good mobility, massive DPM. But it is not without its faults: -the turret can be penetrated by shooting straight through the gun mask (good for autoaim noobs) -the stabilisation and aiming time are not of the best, so peeking aroung corner or peeking with turret while huldown can be problematic, as you have to wait to aim to have some guarantees at hitting (at least the weakspots) -the penetration is lesser than regularly and it is not as accurate, That is not a big minus, but you will notice this from time to time
- the hull armor, I know what some may think of this point, so I will elaborate. All of the side armor is 35 mm, meaning you may autobounce only 105 mm guns from sides and smaller. And I do not mean definitely sidescraping (which would be complicated because of how far to the front the turret is (you would usually show a small part of front plate)) , for example just hiding from a heavy tank in side of some niche or behind something, while part of your side can still be seen in an autobeounce angle, you may not be able to attack, but you could not be damaged either, at least until help arrives. Or if you looked at Remmkes replay (BTW nice battle) with more side armor he could have tried to lure out a shot from T95 at an autobounce angle at sides and then kill it in reload (E50m or russian meds could have).
And also there is a part of the UFP that is 40 mm and will be tripple overmatched by all guns bigger than 120mm, for the most part you will not see this as a problem but imageine that you are peeking over hill to shoot an IS7 that makes a shot at your turret and hits the UFP that would usually be at auto bounce angle in this case, or you are playing with turret while behind some rubble (then again I am the only idiot that would do that) and he accidentally hits UFP.
Spoiler:

But all in all I liked STB-1 and can recommend STB-1.

Spoiler:
H311fi5h wrote:When i drive the M60 or M48 is always think why am i not in the FV4202. And that is not a particularly good tank either. Out of the tier 10 mediums i own the T-62A is the best pubstomper in my experience.

Why such dislike for FV4202 ;(
I know its not op tenk, but I like it.

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 15 Apr 2014 08:03

Dislike? I like it. At least a lot better than M48 and M60.
But you have to be realistic. 40 top speed is a very limiting factor for a medium. Also It has no high pen gold shells for E 100 turrets and such. It is fun and ok balance wise but it's not really a good tank by any stretch of the imagination. Still my most played t10 medium.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Next

Return to Public Friends' Section