Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk sports thread

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk sports thread

Postby wetlioN » 09 Feb 2015 16:05

gigeli wrote:After almost 2 weeks of illness, due to a crappy streptococcus infection and a concussion I brought on me when I collapsed at the doctor's and smashed my head against a tabletop, I'm planning to start over again with pumping. Anyway, I guess everyone knows that it hurts mostly horribly if you didn't do anything for a while and you're continuing with the same amount of weight. I want to know how long you are waiting between the workout sessions to get in again as fast as possible to keep the pace you had before. I normally wait until it doesn't hurt anymore until I start the next training, since the muscles probably need a bit of a longer resting phase than usually. How do you manage this if you are forced to take a break?

had the same here. havent trained for a long time and then did my usual compound exercises. had aching muscles for like 3-4 days. then when the ache was gone i went back to the gym->aching muscles for 2-3 days, after that i could train every 2nd day again. just listen to your body. training ith aching/regenerating muscles is not a good idea.
and yes, i cant lift the same i was used to QQ

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Chillius » 09 Feb 2015 20:28

gig, the day you think "feeling better now, soreness is almost gone, I need just one more day to rest" => go and train, dont wait for that extra day.
my 2c on comebacks.
good luck!

Chillius

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 10 Feb 2015 17:39

Slow but steady gigeli, slow and steady wins the race.

Last weekend by my Brothers in Arms for the first time i tried the powerrope or battlerope, and i kid you not i was dead after 30sec and took a while to recover... Ofc i bought the heaviest rope they had and now it backfires, 24kg - 20m rope.. today i ordered a 13kg - 15m one...

The pullsled was fun and the farmers walk on soft damp grass was pure burning sensation for my calves, i think they died.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Paris_Hilton » 10 Feb 2015 18:02

weak.. i have been into high intensity interval training, that is good for lasting a lot >:D

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 10 Feb 2015 18:11

would it be wrong to focus on certain body parts on certain days, thats what i did this way you can bypass the aching muscles by not using them f.e. legs,stomach and back the one day, shoulders, bizeps and trizeps train the other and the rest on the third day?

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby burnzilla » 10 Feb 2015 19:25

Remmke wrote:The pullsled was fun and the farmers walk on soft damp grass was pure burning sensation for my calves, i think they died.

:gusta:

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Tjappi0 » 10 Feb 2015 19:32

Brati007 wrote:would it be wrong to focus on certain body parts on certain days, thats what i did this way you can bypass the aching muscles by not using them f.e. legs,stomach and back the one day, shoulders, bizeps and trizeps train the other and the rest on the third day?

Not at all, just depends on your training.
If you don't have muscile aching you can train everyting you want.

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby Rabidal » 10 Feb 2015 21:18

Brati007 wrote:would it be wrong to focus on certain body parts on certain days, thats what i did this way you can bypass the aching muscles by not using them f.e. legs,stomach and back the one day, shoulders, bizeps and trizeps train the other and the rest on the third day?

it exist many diffrent kinds of splitts, the most used is three splitt i guess (correct me if i´m wrong :sealmato: )

"You don´t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
Rabidal

Postby wetlioN » 10 Feb 2015 22:04

Rabidal wrote:

it exist many diffrent kinds of splitts, the most used is three splitt i guess (correct me if i´m wrong :sealmato: )

thing is if u 3split u need to train everyday, otherwise your muscles are not stimulated enough. if you can manage that its a good thing to do

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 11 Feb 2015 03:29

as veit already said it is very time dependent...if you're having lots of free time or the motivation to go to the gym more than 2 times a week after work a split can make more sense than a full body workout.
moreover it depends on the individual development of your muscles (this is a very controversial topic though). at some point you might not be able to stimulate your muscles enough to grow with 2 full body workouts per week.
than you are pretty much forced to split your training to make it more intense for the separate muscles (anyway i doubt anybody here is so far developed that he really needs to do that).

pros of a split:
+ the seperate muscles are trained harder/better or better put, the training for the specific muscle is more intense

exp: hypothetically, you do a chest/leg/back split and you do per workout 3-5 excercices for one musclegroup, f.e. your back
than you have the chance to stimulate the different parts of your back better, than with only 1 full body excercise
for your back which focuses on the lower part of your back, like deadlifts do for example

+ what brati already suggested, if you're slow at regenerating and your muscles ache for a long time after the workout
you can still go to train since you won't need the muscles that hurt, f.e. backday after chestday
so flexibility of training days i'd say

+ the time you need per workout is lower

exp: purely seen from the energylevel/hormons in your body. it doesn't make anye sense to train legs for 3h straight f.e.

+ it's more fun due to more variation of excercises -> more long time motivation

+ you can work more specific on weakspots if you're having an affinity for some muscles and one group looks overdeveloped
so by focusing some parts of your body more than others it leads to your whole body looking more complete due to the customized focus
this is so hilarious if you see for example guys with massive upper bodies and legs that look like matches or even the other way around...

downside:

- if you have enough time and your body can take it, you can train more efficiently when you do a full body workout 3-4 times a week

exp: even if the degree of strain on each muscle isn't as high as in a split, the fact that you train the whole body 3 times a week should make up for that
but this depends on the individual...f.e. i need a long time to regenerate and i couldn't handle doing full body workout 3-4 times a week, maybe if i
would lower the intensity, but where is the fun and motivation if you don't put in all you've got into your workout...

that's all that comes to my mind spontaneously...

Last edited by burnzilla on 11 Feb 2015 03:52, edited 1 time in total.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 11 Feb 2015 03:41

what interests me really much is how remmke trains :dildo:

do you do specific powerlifting training like farmers walk, lifting truck tires / stone balls and stuff like that or do you do some
regular training which focuses on low reps / explosive power and stuff like that.
since there is no gym or club close by that focuses on getting stronk or powerlifting stuff i really have a burning desire to know :D

illuminate :O

Spoiler:

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 11 Feb 2015 03:48

I don't even get what you people are talking about... :D
I like biking, and pull-ups. O:)

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 11 Feb 2015 09:37

since i switched from a retarted 3split with one day rest in between (doesnt make sense) back to full body workout with compound exercises every 2nd day i made huuge gainz, be it fat loss with a proper diet or muscle gainz.

you can also split upper and lower body if you have more time which allowes for a more intense training than full body workout. and yes: doing benchpress, deadlift, military press and squats every 2nd day is really tough :dealwithit: but ive heard it also increases growth hormone production this way.

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Paris_Hilton » 11 Feb 2015 16:49

today was leg day... rip

btw jogging increases testosterone :p

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby gigeli » 11 Feb 2015 22:45

is there an exercise to isolate the pectoral muscles? I already have exercises for the deltoids, and the triceps. I tried dips and push ups for a while, but it was overkill in the end for the deltoids and the triceps muscles. Do you have any suggestions? I pumped today for the first time again and it felt sooooo good!!! God, how I missed that! :xenisafag:

gigeli

Postby wetlioN » 11 Feb 2015 22:59

gigeli wrote:is there an exercise to isolate the pectoral muscles? I already have exercises for the deltoids, and the triceps. I tried dips and push ups for a while, but it was overkill in the end for the deltoids and the triceps muscles. Do you have any suggestions? I pumped today for the first time again and it felt sooooo good!!! God, how I missed that! :xenisafag:

flies

but i dont find them effective. pecs need stronk weight pushingz :xenisafag: benchpress all ze way

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby gigeli » 11 Feb 2015 23:03

Ye, will probably experiment with some things in the next weeks. Anyway, it feels great to be back on track again!

gigeli

Postby _GLaDOS » 11 Feb 2015 23:48

thats the way you do it :gusta:

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Tjappi0 » 12 Feb 2015 07:58

Error 404: Girlfriend not found

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby _GLaDOS » 12 Feb 2015 08:52

the downside: the more you lift, the heavier should be the woman...

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section