Login or register with Wargaming Account

War Thunder (Planes and Tanks)

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Commander, Officer

Re: War Thunder (Planes and Tanks)

Postby Marliini » 18 May 2014 10:29

Bowser_nl wrote:You can spawn only twice per tank, heavy tanks can spawn only once. When you get blown up yourself it means your gun barrel/breach was damaged and the shell blew up in the gun while trying to fire it.

Three spawns for PZ II C, right? I've been getting the message after first death with it. And gun barrel/breech damage means I shouldn't fire? Okay. Thanks

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby Kolbur » 18 May 2014 10:55

Bowser_nl wrote:
Marliini wrote:I started to play WT again because of tanks. Nice change from WoT but with a Few problems. Occasionally when I get destroyed and try to get back to battle I get 'Aircraft not ready' and then I'm forced to spectate for the rest of the match. Small bumps in the hill when driving down and I'm sideways or turned over. And then very annoying one where I get shot and take some damage, back away to safety and start to snipe back. Then after firing few shots I blow up and get 'Marliini destroyed by Marliini' :angryseal:
Can someone help a tank noob :) ?

You can spawn only twice per tank, heavy tanks can spawn only once. When you get blown up yourself it means your gun barrel/breach was damaged and the shell blew up in the gun while trying to fire it.

That's just evil. :xealsation: >:D

Kolbur

Postby Bowser_nl » 18 May 2014 11:06

Marliini wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:You can spawn only twice per tank, heavy tanks can spawn only once. When you get blown up yourself it means your gun barrel/breach was damaged and the shell blew up in the gun while trying to fire it.

Three spawns for PZ II C, right? I've been getting the message after first death with it. And gun barrel/breech damage means I shouldn't fire? Okay. Thanks

I think it's two spawns for everything, I'm not sure what the message means then, i haven't had that before. Tip: If you play arcade fill your lineup with more then one tank, because you can play everything in your lineup twice per battle. For realistic/simulation you only get one tank with two lives (or one if its a heavy) Gun barrel/breech damage sucks, but you might as well fire anyway, because you cannot repair it. You can repair black parts back to red if you have the parts unlocked for your tank, but a red breech/barrel can still explode.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby BoogieM » 19 May 2014 08:19

The Ground Forces part is full of bugs that they need to iron out.

I'm curious about some things:
1. How come I can pen a Stug from the front with T28 with measly pen - seems unreal
2. I hate the fact that I shoot a fricking tank from the side 10 times (set him on fire) and he's able to turn and 1 shot me (angled) - talk about RNG
3. I caped a base even if an enemy entered the circle 1 second after me
4. Are there other maps for higher tiers like in WOT?

And I do hope they add more maps asap cause these ones (2 that I played for low tiers) are getting really boring really fast.

BoogieM

Postby Pastaiolo » 19 May 2014 09:07

Maps are shit, the only proper tank one is Kursk, which seems to show up only on simulator battles, but i haven't seen it yet there yet.

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Daedal__ » 19 May 2014 13:10

Ok, I am at a loss about the crews.
Do not really get the crew management. Can you move them? Who is where? I think I did retrain a crew and it got attached to different tank, how do I move it around?

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby dUG1 » 19 May 2014 13:35

Yup, crew UI is terrible.

As for numerous penetrating hits with no significant damage - that is one of the things I really cant understand.

Pz IV A shows his side to me long enough to empty 3 APCR clips with Pz II 20mm gun.
Lets imagine what it would do to the inside of the tank in RL or for balance and game sake - what kind of damage it would take in WoT.

In WT, it will just go on happily and blow you with 75mm derp, unless you knock out ammo rack or entire crew.

Overall, needs a lot of balancing atm to make it more fun and "plausible".

Pro tip: penetrating turret side with 37/45 mm + shell is 1 hit KO in 9 out of 10 cases.
It seems that dead commander = dead tank :deadseal:

dUG1

Trial
Trial

Postby Kolbur » 19 May 2014 13:48

I haven't played WT GF, only watched it, but I think you really have to directly hit dem ammo racks to knock out a tank. The influence of crew injuries/death seems to low.
Turret side hits will often hit the ammo rack in the turret, not only the commander.

Kolbur

Postby Bowser_nl » 19 May 2014 14:24

Kolbur wrote:I haven't played WT GF, only watched it, but I think you really have to directly hit dem ammo racks to knock out a tank. The influence of crew injuries/death seems to low.
Turret side hits will often hit the ammo rack in the turret, not only the commander.

It's still RNG infested. Sometimes you have to shoot 10 shots into the side of the turret for it to blow up, and sometimes it goes in one hit. Honestly, the RNG in WT is much worse than in WoT. At least in WoT you pretty much know when you are going to kill a target, in WT its always a gamble.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby BoogieM » 19 May 2014 14:33

The injury / death is not modeled correctly imo.
It seems to me that a crew member is brought back in action in ~7 seconds no matter what (or the position is manned by another) ... with a small penalty only when the crew is reported dead.
I had one battle when my loader died twice on the T28... (maybe first injured than dead)... and only after the second time he got hit my load time increased noticeably.

I don't think you can reassign a crew member to another tank like you do in WOT. Each "hangar slot" has a crew for planes and one for tanks. What you can do is give that crew another tank and retrain it for that tank ... and that's about it. I so want to get to lvl 100 on a crew to see if there's a difference when the crew receives Basic Training for a specific tank...

BoogieM

Postby Bowser_nl » 19 May 2014 14:35

BoogieM wrote:The injury / death is not modeled correctly imo.
It seems to me that a crew member is brought back in action in ~7 seconds no matter what (or the position is manned by another) ... with a small penalty only when the crew is reported dead.
I had one battle when my loader died twice on the T28... (maybe first injured than dead)... and only after the second time he got hit my load time increased noticeably.

I don't think you can reassign a crew member to another tank like you do in WOT. Each "hangar slot" has a crew for planes and one for tanks. What you can do is give that crew another tank and retrain it for that tank ... and that's about it. I so want to get to lvl 100 on a crew to see if there's a difference when the crew receives Basic Training for a specific tank...

Basic training gives you +30 in a lot of important skills. Always try and get your crew to the level required for basic training as fast as possible, even if it involves putting points in useless stuff. The +30 is just too good.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Pastaiolo » 21 May 2014 10:58

Bowsy was right, never had so many one shots like with this tank. Also, the first ammo doesn't even have tracers >:D

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Pastaiolo » 24 May 2014 09:37

>:D

But from the proper videos you just need to shoot on the side and the thing explodes.

Still, was fun to watch O:)

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 24 May 2014 18:35

Darn, and i thought the KV-2 in WoT was glorious. Warthunders KV-2 fires portable nuclear missles.

Two tanks dead in one shot. >:D

Also gave my KV-2 a name for extra trolling capabilities.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 24 May 2014 18:42

after bein on the ILA today i kinda want to grind the ME262 now :O :O :O

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 24 May 2014 18:43

veitileiN wrote:after bein on the ILA today i kinda want to grind the ME262 now :O :O :O

Made any pictures? :O

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 24 May 2014 18:46

Bowser_nl wrote:
veitileiN wrote:after bein on the ILA today i kinda want to grind the ME262 now :O :O :O

ies but only with shitty iphone. buddy of mine will gief me his soon. i ken upload. also : corsair rocks and f16 is totally massive. dat sound :O

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 24 May 2014 18:47

veitileiN wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

ies but only with shitty iphone. buddy of mine will gief me his soon. i ken upload. also : corsair rocks and f16 is totally massive. dat sound :O

Nice! Post em when you get them! :O

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Pastaiolo » 26 May 2014 11:06

Good infographic on WT ammunition

Pastaiolo

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 26 May 2014 11:23

Bowser_nl wrote:Darn, and i thought the KV-2 in WoT was glorious. Warthunders KV-2 fires portable nuclear missles.

Two tanks dead in one shot. >:D

Also gave my KV-2 a name for extra trolling capabilities.

Any gifs? >:D

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section