Login or register with Wargaming Account

tank discussion

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Commander, Officer

Re: tank discussion

Postby TheGamingLion » 31 May 2015 14:38

Remmke wrote:Image

What's so special about it? The 85mm is the only right gun to use on the 131.

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Trac_uses_hax » 31 May 2015 15:53

85mm stronk gun. I loved that tank... sold it cuz I have type 62 Kappa

I am here cuz I love pink
Trac_uses_hax

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 31 May 2015 15:55

look again closely on screenshot, there a 4 hidden messages in it.

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby TheGamingLion » 31 May 2015 16:00

Remmke wrote:look again closely on screenshot, there a 4 hidden messages in it.

Elloominati, and?

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Tjappi0 » 31 May 2015 16:34

Remmke wrote:look again closely on screenshot, there a 4 hidden messages in it.

Cannot upvote so I quote

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby burnzilla » 21 Jun 2015 19:59

so what do you think about the is5 ?
i've only had 1 battle w/o eq and 75% 0 skill crew, i was kinda disappointed with the speed...i think everything else is pretty good, but it feels really slow almost like the is6
moreover i think the loadlimit of 30 shells can get tough considering the accu + trolling of rng sometimes

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 21 Jun 2015 20:05

Why would you play it with a shit crew :Oo:
Didn't have much time to play it yet, but in my 2 battles I couldn't feel the "OP armor" all the scrubs on the forums were complaining about (as expected). I'd say it's decent, but nothing outstanding.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby burnzilla » 21 Jun 2015 20:28

don't have a russian heavy crew except my t150 crew and just bought kv85 so i started playing with them :P

fyi i don't have any russian meds, heavies, arties, lights (except the mentioned an OPject907)

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Tjappi0 » 21 Jun 2015 21:15

great thing is apcr as standard, so aiming/leading is no longer a requirement.
What we did discover in the skirmish is that the acc on the move is better then firing fully aimed

AP is love, AP is life!
Tjappi0

Postby Winter » 21 Jun 2015 22:55

Armour doesn't work, gun is crap, mobility is ok, credits are nice. I can see this being the tank I take whenever someone is grinding a regular tier 8, other than that it's a pretty big hull for collecting dust I guess.

Also ammorack seemed to go in most of my rounds but going to need to play some more to see what the worst module damage is (atm it's between that and the driver).

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby wetlioN » 22 Jun 2015 05:56

also caught some weird shells in my upper hull and turret but so far the armor holds up pretty nicely, a little tilting of the tank (front being higher than back) and you bounce so many shells.
accuracy is not good, always aim 2 sec longer than needed and use combat rations. it really improved the gun handling for me. i got set on fire twice frontally but isnt a big issue so far.

is-5 is weaker than is-3 ofc but so far im really satisfied with it. i dont get all the whine.

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby I_Manth » 22 Jun 2015 08:51

H311fi5h wrote:Why would you play it with a shit crew :Oo:
Didn't have much time to play it yet, but in my 2 battles I couldn't feel the "OP armor" all the scrubs on the forums were complaining about (as expected). I'd say it's decent, but nothing outstanding.

The question I've been wanting to ask for quite a while: will you allow the IS-5 in you t8 stronghold setup? O:)

I_Manth

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 22 Jun 2015 11:18

I_Manth wrote:
H311fi5h wrote:Why would you play it with a shit crew :Oo:

The question I've been wanting to ask for quite a while: will you allow the IS-5 in you t8 stronghold setup? O:)

its so close to the is3 that if heilfish gets nazi about it i have to withdraw our fuhrers ermächtugungsgesetz

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 22 Jun 2015 12:48

We tested the IS-5 in skirmishes yesterday. The main problem is, it can't snipe. On many maps you need the heavy tanks to shoot at long range (Prokhorovka, Steppes, Sand River, Malinovka etc.) IS-3 can do that pretty well, but with the IS-5 you don't hit shit. Also when pushing in a group you don't want to stop and aim every shot, but fire on the move. IS-3 will hit those shots, where IS-5 will miss or bounce at 50 meters or less. That means full IS-5 setup is a no go.
Of course you could say let's take only one or two, but then we get the old situation again, where certain people sit on the premiums spots and play them all the time.
Second, not everyone in the clan got the IS-5. It would be highly unfair towards those 19 players if we allow the IS-5 as the only premium. This is why I am inclined to say no.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby wetlioN » 22 Jun 2015 13:15

:smug: :smug:

its not like the campaign has shown that guys are unable to hit and penetrate targets in a frigging city map in their is3s also...

but its always the tank in the end i guess :|

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby hypnotoes » 22 Jun 2015 13:29

love

edit: wtf since when s a l t is renamed to love

hypnotoes

Postby Dr_Oolen » 22 Jun 2015 13:39

hypnotoes wrote:love

edit: wtf since when s a l t is renamed to love

since loin got quite lovely some time ago and xen couldnt handle all the love as he has no understanding for loveliness

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby I_Manth » 22 Jun 2015 13:46

H311fi5h wrote:We tested the IS-5 in skirmishes yesterday. The main problem is, it can't snipe. On many maps you need the heavy tanks to shoot at long range (Prokhorovka, Steppes, Sand River, Malinovka etc.) IS-3 can do that pretty well, but with the IS-5 you don't hit shit. Also when pushing in a group you don't want to stop and aim every shot, but fire on the move. IS-3 will hit those shots, where IS-5 will miss or bounce at 50 meters or less. That means full IS-5 setup is a no go.
Of course you could say let's take only one or two, but then we get the old situation again, where certain people sit on the premiums spots and play them all the time.
Second, not everyone in the clan got the IS-5. It would be highly unfair towards those 19 players if we allow the IS-5 as the only premium. This is why I am inclined to say no.

Thanks for your explaination. Well written and I understand your points. :SOA: Was hoping to be able to use it, but the tank is worse than I expected. I was expecting a t8 obj 260 which the IS-5 isn't.

I_Manth

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby burnzilla » 22 Jun 2015 18:32

veitileiN wrote:also caught some weird shells in my upper hull and turret but so far the armor holds up pretty nicely, a little tilting of the tank (front being higher than back) and you bounce so many shells.
accuracy is not good, always aim 2 sec longer than needed and use combat rations. it really improved the gun handling for me. i got set on fire twice frontally but isnt a big issue so far.

is-5 is weaker than is-3 ofc but so far im really satisfied with it. i dont get all the whine.

same here, i found it pretty good, but i was expecting more speed. other than that it's really good for a premium :SOA:

The one and only savior
burnzilla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 22 Jun 2015 18:39

Sure, considering it earns credits it's really good. I'd play it over the T34 or Löwe any day. But it's still not as good as regular tank.
What do you think about this: I'll take up to 3 IS-5 in my skirmishes, after every single one of those 19 who wants it has received the gold for it. Better start playing CW :P

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section