Login or register with Wargaming Account

new camera

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

new camera

Postby wetlioN » 09 Feb 2016 17:38

ok, my dad wants a new camera cuz his is quite outdated. i got no clue about photography and its tech, nor does my dad. what to buy? i think that if you go for something fancy and good he might not even be able to handle it properly.

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: new camera

Postby _Ev » 09 Feb 2016 18:39

I would definitely go with some Canon. In last few years the built up solid image sensor, awesome and simple UI and some really great lenses with relatively cheap price.
I got great experience with Canon EOS 70D (it´s a bit bigger and kinda close to professional sphere), but the body itself is nearly immortal.
or Canon 750D - more "user friendly" version of 70D - same image sensor, but with less exponencial range etc. Bassicaly no difference for "amateur" photographers.
Same goes for Canon 700D - smaller, lighter and cheaper version of 750D. Image sensor isn´t that good but it´s still way over the price.
And the smallest and cheapest and probably the best price/quality is the Canon 1200D. I got it once on one trip and it´s a real pocket-camera with some amazing quality. There are also lot of good cams by Nikon or Sony and Panasonic but I have most experience with Canon and it´s the most expanded company so any parts for Canon are really cheap and easy to get. :SOA:

"Your mum is an upside down pineapple cake"
_Ev

Postby TayIor_Swift » 09 Feb 2016 19:08

iphone

"The game must not be too fast and must not be... the enemy team must not survive and shit"
"Fuck me in the ass man"

- PENTA. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

ImageImageImage
TayIor_Swift

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby BTR_kubas » 10 Feb 2016 19:36

Maybe nikon d5200

BTR_kubas

Postby Orrie » 10 Feb 2016 20:05

I've been using Canon 500D for 4-5 years and its still pretty good for amateurish work.
Sure the 700 is the newest version, but I'd say the 500 still works quite well, and I'd presume if you find one, it wont be that expensive either, but most likely used.

But yeah, Canon pretty good.

Orrie

Commander
Commander

Return to Public Friends' Section