Login or register with Wargaming Account

GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Postby McMokka » 09 May 2019 19:26

But that shows that season 7 was still really well received

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 09 May 2019 19:56

yeah, and I agree with those ratings, I liked s7.
but s8 quality of writing has gone downhill so quickly, and the ratings show it

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Kriegerseele » 09 May 2019 22:16

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby TheGamingLion » 10 May 2019 08:15

Dr_Badthur wrote:
Spoiler:

Xd

I dislike that the scaling of the graphic ends at 50%, leading to a more biased first impression.
What‘s that thing that happened in S5?

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 10 May 2019 08:30

TheGamingLion wrote:
Dr_Badthur wrote:
Spoiler:

Xd

I dislike that the scaling of the graphic ends at 50%, leading to a more biased first impression.
What‘s that thing that happened in S5?

Sansa getting raped

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 10 May 2019 09:35

Calling that chart "The downfall" is absolutely fucking retarded LUL

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Dr_Oolen » 10 May 2019 10:50

For me the first time i thought to myself that something is off and that the show might not be as good anymore was in season 6 with all the Arya + Waif parkour subplot. But If it was worse (season overall) then not by much. But during s7 it became obvious that the show is significantly worse and it was no longer a matter of "maybe im just remembering the older stuff as being better than it was". But s7 id still say was overall a good tv show with entertaining shit like the Hardhome episode. But s8 is simply bad. Even if it wasnt GoT (expectations bias) but a new series that just started, id not consider it worth watching.

Obviously part of it going to shit is them no longer having books to go off, but I think it probably went to shit so fast because it was simply impossible to finish the show within 1-2 seasons, and all the plots to be satisfactorily concluded, would probably need at least 4 seasons... So i think with total of 10 seasons they would probably be able to maintain at least season 7 level of quality, possibly close to s6.

edit: basically s8 would have been zombies slowly marching south while the living are unable to convince cersei to help, s9 would be resolution to the "who sits on a throne" plot and people still being unable to do shit against zombies, with them getting past winterfell. And s10 would be ending the winter. I mean, for 7 seasons the show was hyping this "long night full of terrors" so id say it actually lasting like 3 seasons would actually make more sense than it lasting 3 episodes...

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Kriegerseele » 10 May 2019 15:32

This is a leak of the ending, its an absolute devastating spoiler so dont open, if you dont wanna know how it ends!!
Spoiler:
Bran is on the iron throne, Jon kills Dany, Dany kills Varys, The hound and the mountain die both in fight, Jamie and Cersei die aswell.
What a great ending Kappaseele

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 10 May 2019 15:57

Kriegerseele wrote:This is a leak of the ending, its an absolute devastating spoiler so dont open, if you dont wanna know how it ends!!
Spoiler:
Bran is on the iron throne, Jon kills Dany, Dany kills Varys, The hound and the mountain die both in fight, Jamie and Cersei die aswell.

is that an actual leak?
if so why did I have to open it :deadseal:

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dr_Oolen » 10 May 2019 16:30

Dr_Badthur wrote:
Kriegerseele wrote:This is a leak of the ending, its an absolute devastating spoiler so dont open, if you dont wanna know how it ends!!
Spoiler:

is that an actual leak?
if so why did I have to open it :deadseal:
almost as if krygr wrote it is a spoiler...

also i saw no Kappa there

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Bronn1 » 10 May 2019 18:17

Something for the math enthusiastics out there: https://www.tor.com/2019/05/08/doing-th ... episode-4/

Bronn1

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 10 May 2019 23:49

phpBB [video]

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby TheGamingLion » 12 May 2019 16:35

phpBB [video]

4Head

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Xen » 12 May 2019 22:34

i refuse to believe krygrs spoiler is real lmao

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby Kriegerseele » 12 May 2019 22:48

Related to leak, dont open again!!!
Spoiler:
Youll realise its true when you see Dany killing Varys with her dragon..

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 13 May 2019 09:06

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

Postby BeneficialCucumber » 13 May 2019 10:14

Things right with ep 5
Spoiler:
- Cleganebowl, was about damn time
- visual masterpiece + acting
- fulfilling the vision Dany had in the house of the undying back in season 2 (destroyed throneroom with ashes falling through the roof)

Things wrong with ep 5
Spoiler:
- Arya with thickest plot armor ever, thought she was dead 3 times
- Jaimie vs. Euron - the fight nobody asked for
- The Golden Company?? I thought they had 20.000 soldiers, I barely saw 200 infront of the gates lmfao
- Tyrions plot armor (rip Varys)
- randomly spawning horse for Arya
- Jaimies character development = ruined
- Cersei getting killed by....a fucking brick serious-fucking-ly
- Pale mare, Azor Ahai, The Price who was promised?
- 1 scorpion = kills Rhaegal, 31 scorpions = Drogon survives

“But the lord spoke to Mozeps: Tell the children of Israel, they shall push. You, lift the barbell over the pudding-ocean of the weak and separate them, so my people can pass through to the holy gym.” - Exodus 14
BeneficialCucumber

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Oolen » 13 May 2019 12:18

If one ignored the previous 7 seasons and ignored everything that was set up, it would have been a solid episode... but the show just went full retard... they literally show something to be easy one episode... in the next episode it suddenly becomes impossible to do the same shit...

Just.... :facepalm:

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 13 May 2019 12:46

Spoiler:
My only problem with the episode is Danny needing one dragon to win the battle on her own. At least make the iron fleet get rekt by something else. But come on, first the whole fleet dies in a fire and afterwards the skorpions on the walls are still facing the unsullied while being attacked by a big fucking dragon for a good minute already. Rest was solid imho, Cersei dying like that pretty much tells us what green eyes Arya will close in the final episode. And at this point in time I am very pleased with that.

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 13 May 2019 17:42

Gotma wrote:
Spoiler:
My only problem with the episode is Danny needing one dragon to win the battle on her own. At least make the iron fleet get rekt by something else. But come on, first the whole fleet dies in a fire and afterwards the skorpions on the walls are still facing the unsullied while being attacked by a big fucking dragon for a good minute already. Rest was solid imho, Cersei dying like that pretty much tells us what green eyes Arya will close in the final episode. And at this point in time I am very pleased with that.

agree, this is my main problem with the episode.
previous episode, one of her dragons got rekt from far away in a few seconds. meanwhile at close range not a single bolt even comes close to her last dragon? sure :XD

I sat on my couch last night after the episode finished for a good 10 minutes just thonking about what I witnessed. I hated the episode, in a good way. I don't feel like it was as badly written as the previous episode, although the part where euron says "I'm the man who killed jaime lannister" is complete cringe and doesn't fit in with game of thrones at all (but I guess it does fit with euron's character).

we need to remember that it was made clear from the very beginning - before GoT was even announced as a TV series - that the story would end in a bitter-sweet way. it seems to be living up to that promise, though obv there's still one episode left... where I now, like everyone else, can't wait to see dany die :XD (which is clearly what they wanted and I assume why emilia clarke said she was disappointed with the ending).
I get the feeling that, it's simply not what people like. I personally have always been looking for a series/movie which doesn't end with the good guys being happy and all the bad guys being dead. that's not how life is. but maybe that's just what people like, even if they say they want something different... am I wrong to think this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/ ... h=acc39af1

also found my new wallpaper: https://i.redd.it/rbglfp4s8zx21.jpg

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section