Login or register with Wargaming Account

Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: Gaming pc which is also good for streaming < 1k euro

Postby Brati007 » 31 May 2016 20:06

go for a better screen or/and a 970 as soon as 1080 is released

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby wetlioN » 31 May 2016 20:23

buy used and get a decent i7k and a b85 pro gamer motherboard to OC the shit out of that i7k

but tbh

if it really is only for streaming you need a 2nd monitor anyways. not sure if you only do it a few times to try it out its probably not worth spending the money.
wot twitch is overstuffed anyway. not sure what your goal or new niche would be?

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Kriegerseele » 31 May 2016 20:51

646 euro is great and streaming hd in 30 fps is exactly the thing which will fit to my wishes. Also on max settings 60 fps is the dream compared to what i have now,i because i wont need max settings so it will be even higher. @fishy

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Kriegerseele » 31 May 2016 21:00

@veit, if i really have the pc for good streams in good quality i will stream really often as i have one year for practicas and “führerschein“ dunno the heilcode :tomatard: so i got the time. I will stream for fun, cause i like twitch as the way it is and like it to communicate well with the chat tho. And if the small chance exists to get an own community with people who like to see cancer if they ask for it i will may expire it a bit and then i can also set donationgoals for better monitors or smth. Atm i am completely fine with watching the chat on handy for example so no sec monitor is needed. I will see fast in which direction the stream will went, but i think if u are often streaming and if the followercommunity is important for you i think it could work together. If the stream is only for one guy im the first month, there is no need to stream furthermore.

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 31 May 2016 22:16

Kriegerseele wrote:646 euro is great and streaming hd in 30 fps is exactly the thing which will fit to my wishes. Also on max settings 60 fps is the dream compared to what i have now,i because i wont need max settings so it will be even higher. @fishy

I'd get a second opinion on this though. I'm by no means an expert. I've read the i5 4570 is the minimum for reasonable quality streaming, but I have no personal experience with streaming. Regarding the graphics card I guess you got 3 options in your price range: GTX 750 Ti, R7 370 or GTX 960. The rest of the stuff I posted should be good to go. Of course you could wait for the new graphics cards to get on the market which will cause prices to drop. It will also mean the used marked should look pretty good in the near future - that's where you can really safe money. And of course building yourself. It's really not that hard, and there are some great youtube tutorials.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby Kriegerseele » 01 Jun 2016 00:14

The only thing i wonder about is, if the Processor is high enough, cause my processor atm is 4*3,6 and seems bad, and this one is 4*3,2 if its not the case you can easily prove me wrong there, dont know the difference about them

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 01 Jun 2016 00:42

Shit, I didn't know that you had such a good CPU. In that case, to upgrade you should double the cores and get some more GHz as well.

There you go, 8x4,7GHz. Op as fuck, and you can even safe money
Kappa

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby wetlioN » 01 Jun 2016 05:59

i had the i5 4570 before and i upgraded to an i7 4770k just for streaming cuz the 4570 is not dank enough

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Thoryk » 01 Jun 2016 06:02

PENTA_veitileiN wrote:i had the i5 4570 before and i upgraded to an i7 4770k just for streaming cuz the 4570 is not dank enough

Can you please explain what happens when your CPU is not "dank" enough? I have almost 0 experience in streaming or recording stuff.

Thoryk
IDEAL Propaganda Minister
Thoryk

Officer
Officer

Postby Kriegerseele » 01 Jun 2016 08:57

Than maybe i will take fishys built but instead of the i5 the “dank“ i7? I mean i am still far below 1k

Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby H311fi5h » 01 Jun 2016 09:27

You can stream with an i5 just fine, it doesn't have to be an i7. If the 4570 really isn't enough for streaming (some people say it is, but it's certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel - and depends on the game you play and the exact stream settings of course) I think the i5 4690K for 220 - 230 € is the best deal you can get.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 01 Jun 2016 14:34

H311fi5h wrote:You can stream with an i5 just fine, it doesn't have to be an i7. If the 4570 really isn't enough for streaming (some people say it is, but it's certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel - and depends on the game you play and the exact stream settings of course) I think the i5 4690K for 220 - 230 € is the best deal you can get.

but why go for a 4690k for 230€ if the new generation is 10€ more? :Oo: i5 6600k for 240,- @ Alternate, and there are cheaper websites.

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 01 Jun 2016 14:46

If you can run wot now, you can stream it if your gfx supports hardware decoding, loss of fps nowadays in minimal. Three years ago everything was done by the cpu and it wasn't fun trying to play with 30 fps back then. I would go for an i5 and used 970/980 since the 1070 and 1080 are around the corner i expect ppl selling their current card to upgrade. >:D

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Winter » 01 Jun 2016 15:51

McMokka wrote:but why go for a 4690k for 230€ if the new generation is 10€ more? :Oo: i5 6600k for 240,- @ Alternate, and there are cheaper websites.

Not looked into it, but it could end up being more than €10 difference if you include the different motherboard/memory the 6600k needs.

Edit: memory seems to be pretty much exactly the same these days (DDR3/DDR4), motherboard seems to add another €15 though (just comparing minimum ATX size ASRock MB). Could be worth it, but in the end those little bits on each part add up.

Edit #2: benchmark performance is about 10% better on the 6600k, which is probably about the difference in price of the motherboard and cpu.

Edit #3:
Made a similar build to fishy including a 6600k, changed some other parts mostly due to brand preference. It includes a 960 and if I were to add the monitor fishy did the first time around it would actually also be €868.

My German has some limits though, is having it assembled there free or is someone really willing to do it, this also assumes he's a dirty pirate like veit and doesn't pay for windows.

One final comment on this, one of the hardest parts to pick for someone else is the case, so that's truly up to you. Colour, design (with or without a window for example) are all things that pretty much only depend on your taste.

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby wetlioN » 01 Jun 2016 18:19

looks decent for new hardware

is new hardware tho - wouldnt recommend

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby McMokka » 01 Jun 2016 18:34

Winter, that is pretty much the same setup I put together, beside I wouldnt use the TRAY version of the CPU and in my config I was planning with a better motherboard. Apart from that I agree on the setup as well.

I am not a fan of used stuff, it might just work fine for years and you safe a serious amount of money, or it breaks after 2 weeks and you have no chance getting your money back. I rather have the warranty if I buy such expensive stuff :likeasear:

McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby wetlioN » 01 Jun 2016 19:16

you know you get the warranty as well as the hardware?

would you only buy new cars as well?

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 01 Jun 2016 19:30

you compare tomatoes with apples but i would stick with mcmegottriggered. these days you rarely get quality anymore, stuff tends to break after warranty ends even if its not designed for it.

your samplesize is not big enough veit to have experience, for a guy like him without any tech knowledge even small problems can be very very annoying. (you know the guys that need iphones cause they cant handle android :tomatard: )

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby Winter » 01 Jun 2016 19:31

McMokka wrote:beside I wouldnt use the TRAY version of the CPU and in my config I was planning with a better motherboard.

Why not use a tray version, it's cheaper and exactly the same thing, even the boxed version doesn't include a useless (in this case) cooler.

As far as the MB is concerned, I pretty much went with the cheapest socket 1151 MB from a good manufacturer. Let's be honest most of the extra features on expensive motherboards are never used and even though we're including a 6600k I don't expect Krieger to do any extreme overclocking, if any at all.

PENTA_veitileiN wrote:you know you get the warranty as well as the hardware?

would you only buy new cars as well?

The lifetime of a car tends to be significantly longer than a PC, about 3 years could easily be half the lifespan of a PC and the end of warranty on most parts.

Then again they could work perfectly fine for 10 more years and be 50% off, so completely up to whomever the buyer of the parts/PC is I would say.

Could also be me preferring not to deal with dodgy internet people and instead deal with slightly less dodgy internet shops.

Spoiler:
Winter

Postby Sekundenkleber » 01 Jun 2016 19:33

When the i5/i7 sandy and ivy bridges came out a few years ago, almost every big streamer said, that the i7s are way superior for streaming with a single pc. My more than 3 years old i7-3770 can stream like a boss.

"There is no way he preaimed here. There is like literally no way any sane fucking person would have preaimed here." - SirFoch 2014
Sekundenkleber

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section