Login or register with Wargaming Account

computer help

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: computer help

Postby Daedal__ » 17 Jul 2016 17:27

Hi, wanted to hear some advice (, but did not wish to make a new topic).
So I have been thinking about getting an SSD, I more or less understand technical things, and I did try to make my own research. But there are so many products on the market, they make my head spin :deadseal: , seriously.
Like I know that just getting any SSD will already be good, but I always try to not buy crap.

Ok, to the point, I just cant really make out with all the brands (do not even know which is more reliable, as sometimes brand just gives a price up, and some brands get avoided while they are not bad).
Plus the parameters are all over the place, the write speed, read speed, IOPS, I can not tell, which would be sufficient, because to say bigger is better is easy, but to get your head around numbers in this case is not that easy (for me). And I am not looking for any sort "pro" gear at the moment, just looking for a decent SSD.

You can have a look, at some available stuff here.
http://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes_tik ... 3A370-8558
you may want some google translate, but it may distort the page a bit.
The size I am not sure about either, as I currently have my system disk partitioned on 128GB, but as I looked I thought I may as well go for a bigger one as some big ones are not that expensive.
Budget? Lets say 100 eur (does not mean I would not go for 108 eur for example), I usually buy stuff to last, so if you have an argument for higher price, I might leave this for later, when I have more free resources. (still does not mean you have to go for the most expensive, just say what you think is good enough)

Daedal__

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Re: computer help

Postby H311fi5h » 17 Jul 2016 17:51

Just get the Samsung 850 Evo in whatever capacity/price you want. The 250 GB one goes for ~88€ that should be the right one for your needs.

H311fi5h

Commander
Commander

Previous

Return to Public Friends' Section