Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk games

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 12:37

hypnotoes wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:It's a ripoff? No.
It's an improved version of WoT? Pretty much.
The devs saw all the horrible mistakes WG did and pretty much fixed them and improved what WoT had. This is what makes this game so special. It's a game based on the community.


It's a ripoff and you know it. Everything is a giant copy paste, the mechanics, the interface, gameplay. Tell me about these horrible mistakes WG did and how AW does it better? Because all i see is a direct copy with modern tanks.


That's actually my biggest concern.
PVE - I couldn't care less.
Private army research trees - secondary to my enjoyment of the game
gameplay - virtually identical but for what it's worth probably better looking

Do we know anything about the RNG in the game yet?


confirmed 20% less RNG
which means it's only 5% RNG
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby kihrEx » 17 Dec 2014 12:40

Or 20% off from that 25%, which is only 5%, so it could be just 20% rng!
  • 0

Image Image
User avatar
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 847
Location: Finland
Reputation: 303

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 12:41

Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:It's a ripoff? No.
It's an improved version of WoT? Pretty much.
The devs saw all the horrible mistakes WG did and pretty much fixed them and improved what WoT had. This is what makes this game so special. It's a game based on the community.


It's a ripoff and you know it. Everything is a giant copy paste, the mechanics, the interface, gameplay. Tell me about these horrible mistakes WG did and how AW does it better? Because all i see is a direct copy with modern tanks.


Then LoL is a ripoff of Dota
Smite is a ripoff of Smite
WT is a ripoff of IL-2 sturmovik

Ripoff: A game that is exactly the same, with some small changes

AW is not the exactly same as WoT, it's an improved version based on the negative community of WoT. Everything that most players in WoT disliked, has been imrpoved in AW in a way that makes them change their mind
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 12:43

kihrEx wrote:Or 20% off from that 25%, which is only 5%, so it could be just 20% rng!



The devs said the game barely has any stupid "RNG" bs.
Guys, I like this game, please stop mocking me just because I like a game, this is the wrong thread to argue.
This is my opinion and from what've seen. I might be wrong, but don't hate and laugh at me ...
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby kihrEx » 17 Dec 2014 12:52

Yet you're still pushing it in ppls faces which is the last thing you want to do if you're a fan of a game, easy way to get flagged as a "Fanboy", just saying...
Spoiler:
back to topic! Anyone seen / read about the new steam indie game called Nuclear Threat? The dev's stream every tuedsay and thursday about the development process and testing the game itself! Looks quite promising, can't remember the twich channel, forgot to follow it QQ

EDIT: Nuclear Throne, not threat :facepalm:
EDIT2: Found the twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/vlambeer
  • 0

Image Image
User avatar
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 847
Location: Finland
Reputation: 303

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 12:57

kihrEx wrote:Yet you're still pushing it in ppls faces which is the last thing you want to do if you're a fan of a game, easy way to get flagged as a "Fanboy", just saying...
Spoiler:
back to topic! Anyone seen / read about the new steam indie game called Nuclear Threat? The dev's stream every tuedsay and thursday about the development process and testing the game itself! Looks quite promising, can't remember the twich channel, forgot to follow it QQ

EDIT: Nuclear Throne, not threat :facepalm:



First of all, the thread is called "stronk games"
Where you show off "cool games" that are looking nice. I have a game I really like and I share it. You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.
That's not pushing it up to your face, the words never reached your face. Stop overreacting please.
Because you're not disagreeing, or at least not showing it. You're just saying it's shit. -.-
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Dec 2014 13:03

Aa_Melon wrote:You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.


Arty mechanics are shit, its common knowledge that pretty much every WoT player agrees on. Its totally related to AW because they copied those mechanics right in. And how can you say one game is better than the other when you never even played it. Makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not making fun of anyone, its a discussion, which is what forums are ment for.
  • 0

Image Image Image
User avatar
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer
 
Posts: 2245
Location: Holland
Reputation: 1898

Re: stronk games

Postby kihrEx » 17 Dec 2014 13:08

Aa_Melon wrote:
kihrEx wrote:Yet you're still pushing it in ppls faces which is the last thing you want to do if you're a fan of a game, easy way to get flagged as a "Fanboy", just saying...
Spoiler:
back to topic! Anyone seen / read about the new steam indie game called Nuclear Threat? The dev's stream every tuedsay and thursday about the development process and testing the game itself! Looks quite promising, can't remember the twich channel, forgot to follow it QQ

EDIT: Nuclear Throne, not threat :facepalm:



First of all, the thread is called "stronk games"
Where you show off "cool games" that are looking nice. I have a game I really like and I share it. You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.
That's not pushing it up to your face, the words never reached your face. Stop overreacting please.
Because you're not disagreeing, or at least not showing it. You're just saying it's shit. -.-


I haven't even said anything about AW nor have I judged it yet :Oo:
  • 0

Image Image
User avatar
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 847
Location: Finland
Reputation: 303

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 13:44

Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.


Arty mechanics are shit, its common knowledge that pretty much every WoT player agrees on. Its totally related to AW because they copied those mechanics right in. And how can you say one game is better than the other when you never even played it. Makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not making fun of anyone, its a discussion, which is what forums are ment for.

I

Uhm, I did play it and I am still playing it. I got alpha access 4 days ago.
You are right about the mechanica but ita seriously improved
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Dec 2014 14:07

Aa_Melon wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.


Arty mechanics are shit, its common knowledge that pretty much every WoT player agrees on. Its totally related to AW because they copied those mechanics right in. And how can you say one game is better than the other when you never even played it. Makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not making fun of anyone, its a discussion, which is what forums are ment for.

I

Uhm, I did play it and I am still playing it. I got alpha access 4 days ago.
You are right about the mechanica but ita seriously improved


Fair enough. So what makes it so much better?
  • 0

Image Image Image
User avatar
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer
 
Posts: 2245
Location: Holland
Reputation: 1898

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 14:48

Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.


Arty mechanics are shit, its common knowledge that pretty much every WoT player agrees on. Its totally related to AW because they copied those mechanics right in. And how can you say one game is better than the other when you never even played it. Makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not making fun of anyone, its a discussion, which is what forums are ment for.

I

Uhm, I did play it and I am still playing it. I got alpha access 4 days ago.
You are right about the mechanica but ita seriously improved


Fair enough. So what makes it so much better?


Quite hard to explain, but after 20k battles in WoT and 5 battles in AW. AW just feels way smoother. It's also fascinating how the tank & gun works, same goes to the aiming and firing. It's like WTGF but way more arcadish, can be compared next gen fps games actually.
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby wetlioN » 17 Dec 2014 15:04

even if AW is a giant copy paste, it might still be better than WOT in the end


might

lets play it first ;)
  • 2

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
User avatar
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 6251
Location: DDR
Reputation: 4551

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 15:10

veitileiN wrote:even if AW is a giant copy paste, it might still be better than WOT in the end


might

lets play it first ;)



True, I personally found it funnier. Probably because it's new and I am tired of WoT.

Anyone got access to CBT or Alpha tryout yet?
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 15:13



Machine guns? For what O.o
  • 0

User avatar
AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1575
Location: Norway
Reputation: 238

Re: stronk games

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 19 Dec 2014 17:45

mayB for PVE elements?
  • 0

User avatar
RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Member
Member
 
Posts: 1826
Location: Redline
Reputation: 2134

Re: stronk games

Postby Bowser_nl » 19 Dec 2014 18:28

Remmke wrote:mayB for PVE elements?


May to the B
  • 0

Image Image Image
User avatar
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer
 
Posts: 2245
Location: Holland
Reputation: 1898

Re: stronk games

Postby _GLaDOS » 05 Jan 2015 15:53

awesome! :O these crazy finns :D
phpBB [video]
  • 2

User avatar
_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 1197
Reputation: 1051

Re: stronk games

Postby BoogieM » 08 Jan 2015 11:52

Stronk MSDOS games can be played in a browser: https://archive.org/details/softwarelib ... s_games/v2
  • 0

User avatar
BoogieM

 
Posts: 623
Reputation: 290

Re: stronk games

Postby wetlioN » 08 Jan 2015 11:57

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/b/607482883
05:26:00
duke nukem 3d speedrun 3fast5me :sanicseal:
  • 0

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
User avatar
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 6251
Location: DDR
Reputation: 4551

Re: stronk games

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 09 Jan 2015 22:38

http://www.actofaggression-game.com/
Looks like generals-2 for me, maybe they took it from EA?
Sadly it's not QQEngine QQ
  • 0

No Comrade Premier, it has only beguin.
User avatar
Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii
 
Posts: 647
Reputation: 327

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Reputation System ©'