Login or register with Wargaming Account

The random chat thread!

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: The random chat thread!

Postby CandyVanMan » 26 Apr 2014 19:22

veitileiN wrote:
CandyVanMan wrote:Had a grey seal visiting work today, tried shooting the motherfucker, but missed with a few cm.
Damn seal, was probably statpadding too.

candy trying to shoot seals. much report >:)

They can do quite a lot of harm out here, also, it's open season on them, I would even get paid for sending the jaw to the university in Tromsø.
Missed the bastard though, shooting after only the head when it comes up, from a rocking boat, not a very easy feat.

P.S. us northern Norwegians are just like deep south rednecks, with less Jesus, more alcohol and way too much snow.

Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch your opponents, and live like a windrammer as you fuck.
CandyVanMan

Postby gigeli » 26 Apr 2014 20:08

Why or with what behavior do these seals cause harm? Just out of interest.

gigeli

Postby CandyVanMan » 26 Apr 2014 21:03

gigeli wrote:Why or with what behavior do these seals cause harm? Just out of interest.

I work with aquaculture, and our facility have 1,8 million salmon in our cages, which are made from nets.
A 300kg seal can in worst case scenario rip one or more cages open, and thereby releasing 200k+ (from just one of our most populated cages) salmon into a vulnerable ecosystem.
This can harm the wild salmon in the area by mixing with them, and jail time and fines of as much as a few million kr for my boss, worst case also some fines for us normal workers too.
Salmon is also very very vulnerable to stress, they can handle some stress, but too much or too often can cause mass deaths among them, and a hungry seal they can't escape is a pretty stressful situation.

Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch your opponents, and live like a windrammer as you fuck.
CandyVanMan

Postby Paris_Hilton » 27 Apr 2014 10:03

but i'm so cute :3

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby gigeli » 27 Apr 2014 12:03

CandyVanMan wrote:
gigeli wrote:Why or with what behavior do these seals cause harm? Just out of interest.

I work with aquaculture, and our facility have 1,8 million salmon in our cages, which are made from nets.
A 300kg seal can in worst case scenario rip one or more cages open, and thereby releasing 200k+ (from just one of our most populated cages) salmon into a vulnerable ecosystem.
This can harm the wild salmon in the area by mixing with them, and jail time and fines of as much as a few million kr for my boss, worst case also some fines for us normal workers too.
Salmon is also very very vulnerable to stress, they can handle some stress, but too much or too often can cause mass deaths among them, and a hungry seal they can't escape is a pretty stressful situation.

If you guys shoot them, are you at least eating them? Or is seal meat not that good? Well, seals consist of fat mostly, but well.

gigeli

Postby CandyVanMan » 27 Apr 2014 12:07

gigeli wrote:
CandyVanMan wrote:

If you guys shoot them, are you at least eating them? Or is seal meat not that good? Well, seals consist of fat mostly, but well.

I think the meat tastes absolutely horrible, but I know quite a few that love eating seal.
The skin/fur is also very very nice for making shoes, mitts and hats from, very warm, which is nice when the temp drops below -30C

CandyVanMan

Postby Bowser_nl » 27 Apr 2014 12:18

CandyVanMan wrote:
gigeli wrote:
CandyVanMan wrote:

I think the meat tastes absolutely horrible, but I know quite a few that love eating seal.
The skin/fur is also very very nice for making shoes, mitts and hats from, very warm, which is nice when the temp drops below -30C

Are you an eskimo? :P

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby wetlioN » 27 Apr 2014 12:42

from my understanding:
norwegians=eskimos
fins=polar bears

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby CandyVanMan » 27 Apr 2014 13:47

veitileiN wrote:from my understanding:
norwegians=eskimos
fins=polar bears

This is the only kind of bear they have in Finland.

CandyVanMan

Postby CandyVanMan » 27 Apr 2014 13:50

Oh, need to boast with a picture of my new toy.
1200 two-stroke triple, 240bhp and weighs just below 230kg, faster than a formula 1 car 0-100kmh; on snow :SOA:

CandyVanMan

Postby Bowser_nl » 27 Apr 2014 16:25

CandyVanMan wrote:
veitileiN wrote:from my understanding:
norwegians=eskimos
fins=polar bears

This is the only kind of bear they have in Finland.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby Paris_Hilton » 27 Apr 2014 16:29

CandyVanMan wrote:Oh, need to boast with a picture of my new toy.
1200 two-stroke triple, 240bhp and weighs just below 230kg, faster than a formula 1 car 0-100kmh; on snow :SOA:

is this legal ? :pedoseal:

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby CandyVanMan » 27 Apr 2014 16:54

Paris_Hilton wrote:
CandyVanMan wrote:Oh, need to boast with a picture of my new toy.

is this legal ? :pedoseal:

Somewhat, not allowed to use it outside snox tracks, but it doesn't matter, I don't ride trails anyway.
Had some trouble with my rear suspension, so didn't get to film it in action this easter, lots of wrenching not so much riding ;(

Buddy of mine did get some riding on film though.

Some riding by my step brother, the first sled's got about the same power as mine, but it's a lot heavier, just to get some idea of how we try to kill ourselves in the snowy north.

CandyVanMan

Postby wetlioN » 27 Apr 2014 19:00

Last edited by wetlioN on 29 Aug 2015 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Paris_Hilton » 27 Apr 2014 19:07

le'me shoot i'll show u skill, i'm albanian.. we have shooting in blood

candy i'm coming to Norway :pedoseal:

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Marliini » 27 Apr 2014 19:41

In the army shooting skill test(ampumataitotesti or ATT) I had forgotten the gun on full auto for the first turn :sealmato:
Didn't matter thought, I still got 11/12 and Golden shooting badge :dealwithit:
We use Rk 62 if interested

'Flanking with the JP E-100 is easier and faster' Lion, beach of Overlord, 27/06/2021
Marliini

Postby kihrEx » 27 Apr 2014 19:54

Marliini wrote:In the army shooting skill test(ampumataitotesti or ATT) I had forgotten the gun on full auto for the first turn :sealmato:

Noob, 12/12 in the ATT and I shot the last rounds from standing position (50M) with full auto :trollseal:

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby CandyVanMan » 27 Apr 2014 20:27

kihrEx wrote:
Marliini wrote:In the army shooting skill test(ampumataitotesti or ATT) I had forgotten the gun on full auto for the first turn :sealmato:

Noob, 12/12 in the ATT and I shot the last rounds from standing position (50M) with full auto :trollseal:

Shooting airguns doesn't count, puny service guns of lesser caliber, I did all my shooting tests perfect with my trusty AG-3
Still have it, going for my yearly exercise at the end of May.

CandyVanMan

Postby Paris_Hilton » 27 Apr 2014 20:59

fags.. AK-47 MASTER RACE :xealsation:

Paris_Hilton

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 27 Apr 2014 22:03

Paris_Hilton wrote:fags.. AK-47 MASTER RACE :xealsation:

wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section