Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk movies and series

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk movies and series

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 02 Dec 2019 18:12

joker - horri shiet, that was an intense movie. from the trailers I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but that was something different. like a movie just showing how bad mental health can be
8/10

rambo: last blood - not a series I ever really cared about much, but this pretty gut. for a 73 y/o dude this guy is impressive af. dank killerinos
6.5/10

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Brati007 » 02 Dec 2019 19:17

angel has fallen - 5/10

gemini man - 4,5/10

artic - solid 7,5/10

the irish man - solid 8/10

The Professor and the Madman - roles solely made for those actors 7/10

Romulus und Remus - The First King - 6/10

"it will be way too much work for one hand" nazifish2k15
Brati007

Postby TheDrownedApe » 03 Dec 2019 07:41

Brati007 wrote:the irish man - solid 8/10

Me and the missus gave up on thus after about 90 min. Wasn't particularly bad, just boring.

We also watched Once upon a time in Hollywood and sat through it all. It's not good. I think it's designed to be a long intelligent skit on Hollywood but we didn't get most of the film as we are not that knowledgeable about Hollywood history. I can see why the critics thought it was great; they understand the film. For us normal folk who don't know about "the mansons" in depth, the joke is lost on us.

TheDrownedApe

Postby Brati007 » 03 Dec 2019 17:38

TheDrownedApe wrote:
Brati007 wrote:the irish man - solid 8/10

Me and the missus gave up on thus after about 90 min. Wasn't particularly bad, just boring.

We also watched Once upon a time in Hollywood and sat through it all. It's not good. I think it's designed to be a long intelligent skit on Hollywood but we didn't get most of the film as we are not that knowledgeable about Hollywood history. I can see why the critics thought it was great; they understand the film. For us normal folk who don't know about "the mansons" in depth, the joke is lost on us.

well boring as in its not a typical action movie but the character interaction with the nostalgic feeling was for me at least one of the better movies in 2019. gotta admit tho that i recently didnt see anything in particular that i would call really worth watching, same for playing games.

the last movie i wanted to see and was hyped for was lord of the rings I. Ever since i tend to watch movies when i am forced to stay at a hotel, probably not the best situation.

Brati007

Postby TheGamingLion » 03 Dec 2019 20:18

Forced to stay at a hotel.

How unfortunate :smug:

"Convneatftient." - Truln, 2020
TheGamingLion

Commander
Commander

Postby Gotma » 04 Dec 2019 10:40

Being forced to stay in a hotel overnight due to work related duties is indeed unfortunate :smug:

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby TheDrownedApe » 04 Dec 2019 14:28

Gotma wrote:Being forced to stay in a hotel overnight due to work related duties is indeed unfortunate :smug:

I now commute for 4 hrs on a Tues/Thurs rather than stay overnight on a Tues in a random hotel and work in the office Tue/Wed. Finishing work at 1630 then then siting on a bed for the rest of the day with nothing to do was soul destroying.

TheDrownedApe

Postby McMokka » 04 Dec 2019 14:42

TheDrownedApe wrote:
Gotma wrote:Being forced to stay in a hotel overnight due to work related duties is indeed unfortunate :smug:

I now commute for 4 hrs on a Tues/Thurs rather than stay overnight on a Tues in a random hotel and work in the office Tue/Wed. Finishing work at 1630 then then siting on a bed for the rest of the day with nothing to do was soul destroying.

could have gone to the gym or get a "gaymer" laptop to play amazing wot in your hotel Kappa

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Bronn1 » 04 Dec 2019 14:48

Or read a book!

Bronn1

Postby TheDrownedApe » 04 Dec 2019 15:17

I gym at lunch. I did try going swimming after work but after the gym session I was too tired to have two workouts a day.

I probably read a book every 2/3 weeks (a lot of fantasy) and that is what occupied my time in the evening as I don't want to go to the bar and drink. I might, perhaps, watch an episode of something my tablet too but i find watching Tv broing by myself

But we digress - just finished "the Expanse" S1. really enjoyed the writing and looking forward to S2. without spoiling it for me, when does the series divert from the books?

TheDrownedApe

Postby Brati007 » 08 Dec 2019 16:43

well when i stayed work related at a hotel i normally had a 10-12h shift, totally brain wrecked but ze body wanted movement tho there was no energy left. so all i wanna do is to eat before 22:00, take a shower and sleep/watch sth to sleep away.

therefore i got zero focus/interest on the action in the movies/series.

if i would had time left like ape i would have explored the cities or enjoy some of the hotel activities,i dont see the soul destroying part tho.

Brati007

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 08 Dec 2019 23:16

started watching the mandalorian. already caught up with it. damn this is good, solid 8, maybe even 9/10 for me so far Kreygasm

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Bronn1 » 09 Dec 2019 17:20

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Bronn1

Postby McMokka » 09 Dec 2019 21:56

Watched frozen 2 with the missus (fedora tip to brownbabe) in the theater. Was actually good. Tbh apart from it being animated it is not much of a movie for children, which made it better in my opinion.

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 10 Dec 2019 20:13

His dark materials.

Pretty hyped about this show atm. The cinema version of the trilogy's first book was not too bad imo. But it was received badly enough too not be continued. With Eva Green and Daniel Craig starring in it, it was far from low budget as well.
With it becoming an HBO show now, I got big hopes. Watched the first episode. Solid.

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby MeisterPiffer » 12 Dec 2019 07:54

Watched Ford v Ferrari yesterday and I liked it.
My wife liked it as well, even though it was long and had something to do with cars :upside_down:

MeisterPiffer

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Brati007 » 12 Dec 2019 17:19

who does not like every christian bale movie? :P

Brati007

Postby Dr_Oolen » 12 Dec 2019 21:11

Brati007 wrote:who does not like every christian bale movie? :P
terminator salvation Kreygasm Kappa

... but considering the terminator movies after that one i guess it wasnt that bad afterall :XD

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby TheDrownedApe » 16 Dec 2019 16:33

Tried 6 Underground last night and probably lasted 4 minutes before it got turned off. How can films be that bad?

On the other hand Doctor Sleep (shit name) is pretty good...but you kinda need to have seen The Shining first

TheDrownedApe

Postby Dr_Slartibartfart » 16 Dec 2019 20:15

Just watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6412452/ I r8 8.5/10

It really is a good movie and really fun because it consists of 6 seperate stories. But the Coen brothers wrote it, and anything they touch is good really :)

TheDrownedApe wrote:Tried 6 Underground last night and probably lasted 4 minutes before it got turned off. How can films be that bad?

On the other hand Doctor Sleep (shit name) is pretty good...but you kinda need to have seen The Shining first

I started watching 6 underground too yesterday XD. Indeed I tried to stay a little longer to see if it got any better and nope. The product placement and just stupid shit in it is just ridiculous. That car in the starting chase got trashed like 5x and magically recovered

Bois
Spoiler:
I'm still here

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h9nN9zdizaYPKX6h7
Dr_Slartibartfart

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section