Login or register with Wargaming Account

stronk games

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: stronk games

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 11:37

hypnotoes wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:It's a ripoff? No.
It's an improved version of WoT? Pretty much.
The devs saw all the horrible mistakes WG did and pretty much fixed them and improved what WoT had. This is what makes this game so special. It's a game based on the community.

It's a ripoff and you know it. Everything is a giant copy paste, the mechanics, the interface, gameplay. Tell me about these horrible mistakes WG did and how AW does it better? Because all i see is a direct copy with modern tanks.

That's actually my biggest concern.
PVE - I couldn't care less.
Private army research trees - secondary to my enjoyment of the game
gameplay - virtually identical but for what it's worth probably better looking

Do we know anything about the RNG in the game yet?

confirmed 20% less RNG
which means it's only 5% RNG

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby kihrEx » 17 Dec 2014 11:40

Or 20% off from that 25%, which is only 5%, so it could be just 20% rng!

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 11:41

Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:It's a ripoff? No.
It's an improved version of WoT? Pretty much.
The devs saw all the horrible mistakes WG did and pretty much fixed them and improved what WoT had. This is what makes this game so special. It's a game based on the community.

It's a ripoff and you know it. Everything is a giant copy paste, the mechanics, the interface, gameplay. Tell me about these horrible mistakes WG did and how AW does it better? Because all i see is a direct copy with modern tanks.

Then LoL is a ripoff of Dota
Smite is a ripoff of Smite
WT is a ripoff of IL-2 sturmovik

Ripoff: A game that is exactly the same, with some small changes

AW is not the exactly same as WoT, it's an improved version based on the negative community of WoT. Everything that most players in WoT disliked, has been imrpoved in AW in a way that makes them change their mind

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 11:43

kihrEx wrote:Or 20% off from that 25%, which is only 5%, so it could be just 20% rng!

The devs said the game barely has any stupid "RNG" bs.
Guys, I like this game, please stop mocking me just because I like a game, this is the wrong thread to argue.
This is my opinion and from what've seen. I might be wrong, but don't hate and laugh at me ...

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby kihrEx » 17 Dec 2014 11:52

Yet you're still pushing it in ppls faces which is the last thing you want to do if you're a fan of a game, easy way to get flagged as a "Fanboy", just saying...
Spoiler:
back to topic! Anyone seen / read about the new steam indie game called Nuclear Threat? The dev's stream every tuedsay and thursday about the development process and testing the game itself! Looks quite promising, can't remember the twich channel, forgot to follow it QQ

EDIT: Nuclear Throne, not threat :facepalm:
EDIT2: Found the twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/vlambeer

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 11:57

kihrEx wrote:Yet you're still pushing it in ppls faces which is the last thing you want to do if you're a fan of a game, easy way to get flagged as a "Fanboy", just saying...
Spoiler:
back to topic! Anyone seen / read about the new steam indie game called Nuclear Threat? The dev's stream every tuedsay and thursday about the development process and testing the game itself! Looks quite promising, can't remember the twich channel, forgot to follow it QQ

First of all, the thread is called "stronk games"
Where you show off "cool games" that are looking nice. I have a game I really like and I share it. You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.
That's not pushing it up to your face, the words never reached your face. Stop overreacting please.
Because you're not disagreeing, or at least not showing it. You're just saying it's shit. -.-

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Dec 2014 12:03

Aa_Melon wrote:You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
Also, you're comparing WoT with AW while I just say it's simply better IN MY OPINION.

Arty mechanics are shit, its common knowledge that pretty much every WoT player agrees on. Its totally related to AW because they copied those mechanics right in. And how can you say one game is better than the other when you never even played it. Makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not making fun of anyone, its a discussion, which is what forums are ment for.

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby kihrEx » 17 Dec 2014 12:08

Aa_Melon wrote:
kihrEx wrote:Yet you're still pushing it in ppls faces which is the last thing you want to do if you're a fan of a game, easy way to get flagged as a "Fanboy", just saying...
Spoiler:

First of all, the thread is called "stronk games"
Where you show off "cool games" that are looking nice. I have a game I really like and I share it. You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW
That's not pushing it up to your face, the words never reached your face. Stop overreacting please.
Because you're not disagreeing, or at least not showing it. You're just saying it's shit. -.-

I haven't even said anything about AW nor have I judged it yet :Oo:

Image Image
kihrEx

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 12:44

Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:You guys state that arties are shit which is totally un-related to AW

Arty mechanics are shit, its common knowledge that pretty much every WoT player agrees on. Its totally related to AW because they copied those mechanics right in. And how can you say one game is better than the other when you never even played it. Makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not making fun of anyone, its a discussion, which is what forums are ment for.

I

Uhm, I did play it and I am still playing it. I got alpha access 4 days ago.
You are right about the mechanica but ita seriously improved

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Bowser_nl » 17 Dec 2014 13:07

Aa_Melon wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

I

Fair enough. So what makes it so much better?

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 13:48

Bowser_nl wrote:
Aa_Melon wrote:
Bowser_nl wrote:

I

Fair enough. So what makes it so much better?

Quite hard to explain, but after 20k battles in WoT and 5 battles in AW. AW just feels way smoother. It's also fascinating how the tank & gun works, same goes to the aiming and firing. It's like WTGF but way more arcadish, can be compared next gen fps games actually.

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby wetlioN » 17 Dec 2014 14:04

even if AW is a giant copy paste, it might still be better than WOT in the end

might

lets play it first ;)

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 14:10

veitileiN wrote:even if AW is a giant copy paste, it might still be better than WOT in the end

might

lets play it first ;)

True, I personally found it funnier. Probably because it's new and I am tired of WoT.

Anyone got access to CBT or Alpha tryout yet?

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby AaMelon » 17 Dec 2014 14:13

Machine guns? For what O.o

AaMelon

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby RedlineRailgunningRemmel » 19 Dec 2014 16:45

mayB for PVE elements?

RedlineRailgunningRemmel

Postby Bowser_nl » 19 Dec 2014 17:28

Remmke wrote:mayB for PVE elements?

May to the B

Image Image Image
Bowser_nl

Full-time Seal Designer
Full-time Seal Designer

Postby _GLaDOS » 05 Jan 2015 14:53

awesome! :O these crazy finns :D
phpBB [video]

_GLaDOS

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby BoogieM » 08 Jan 2015 10:52

Stronk MSDOS games can be played in a browser: https://archive.org/details/softwarelib ... s_games/v2

BoogieM

Postby wetlioN » 08 Jan 2015 10:57

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/b/607482883
05:26:00
duke nukem 3d speedrun 3fast5me :sanicseal:

Paris_Hilton wrote:You have to grow balls and deal with the dicks or you end up being the pussy.
wetlioN

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Not_a_Tesla » 09 Jan 2015 21:38

http://www.actofaggression-game.com/
Looks like generals-2 for me, maybe they took it from EA?
Sadly it's not QQEngine QQ

No Comrade Premier, it has only beguin.
Not_a_Tesla

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section