Login or register with Wargaming Account

GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Post things that don't have to remain secret here.
Access: Registered users (read&post) and guests (read only).

Moderators: Officer, Commander

Re: GoT Thread [SPOILERS]

Postby Kriegerseele » 16 Apr 2019 00:08

Cersei pulling out a deep phrase but then showing she is a thot anyways

With great power comes great responsibility
Kriegerseele

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 16 Apr 2019 23:39

phpBB [video]

PP HARD, V HARD

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Aubury » 17 Apr 2019 11:22

Spoiler:
Before the start of the season, I was expecting the fight with the zombies to happen BEFORE the fight with Cersei, but because Jaime went north, Cersei might rush her attack to keep the surprise.

We might see a three-way battle in episode 4-5 PogChamp

I don't stat pad in tier 9 tanks. I just happen to play an equal amount of tier 8 and 10 tanks!
Spoiler:
Aubury

Postby Gotma » 22 Apr 2019 15:45

E2 highlight:

Spoiler:
Tormunds story why he is called giantsbane had me laughing in tears

22:14:46 - "Kiwi" stupst Sie an:
GOTMA, I WAS IN GERMANY AND FOUND GOD. I AM A MAN OF CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR NOW o/

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Cannot_Gitgud » 22 Apr 2019 15:51

phpBB [video]

:SOA:

Cannot_Gitgud

Friend of IDEAL
Friend of IDEAL

Postby Dr_Oolen » 22 Apr 2019 15:56

Gotma wrote:E2 highlight:

Spoiler:
Tormunds story why he is called giantsbane had me laughing in tears

Tormund was the best part of the episode overall :XD total PogChamp

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 22 Apr 2019 16:00

Still my all-time favorite funny bit when he was talking about brienne and him making babies and how giant those would be LUL

Brony wrote: Btw Gotma youre kinda alright eventhough you sound like a horny 40 y/o old lesbian.
Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Mettkrieger » 22 Apr 2019 16:03

What about the hint at sexy times?

Mettkrieger

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 22 Apr 2019 20:30

I know it was a build up episode, but I'm still extremely disappointed ResidentSleeper

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ if u are playing at the worldmap next season i swear u, we will fuck ur shitclan right in the ass ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

"Bois, you know the feel when a peanut drops from your clothes on the floor and you have another peanut to eat?" -Fart, 2k20

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL » 23 Apr 2019 00:17

3rd episode trailer.
phpBB [video]

Spoiler:
"the dead are already here"
oh fook. never thought of that. "the crypts are the safest place" LUL

oh and btw that little girl that talked to davos = melisandre

Forum memes
Spoiler:
Dakillzor_loves_IDEAL

Officer
Officer

Postby BeneficialCucumber » 29 Apr 2019 08:10

The Long Night. So. Where do I begin. The setting, effects and fight scenes were great. But writing. Like wtf.

Spoiler:
Pros
- Melisandre arrives and does badass shit
- Dothraki going in like ye we got this, lights go out in like 30sec
- Theon defending Bran like a pro
- Rhaegal vs Undead Viserion
- Night King surviving dragonfire
- Arya shreking wights
- Beric and Hound saving Arya

Wtfs
- Melisandre, Beric, Theon, Jorah and Lyanna Mormont died, but why no major character like Dany, Jon, Tyrion or Sansa/Arya?
- Greyworm survived. wtf.
- Bran randomly warging for half the episode without doing shit? Why is he so useless?
- 7 seasons to build this winter is coming shit and the super villain up and the Night King is getting stabbed and dies instantly in one episode?
- who is the night king? what does he want? why does he want to kill Bran so bad?
- how is Ghost still alive (seen in ep 4 preview)?

Tbh everything except it being Arya to kill the Night King was kinda foreseeable.
The plot armor, jesus christ.
Where are the random twists like Ned Starks death or the Red Wedding?
Also I can't really believe the Night King is dead. It just can't be that easy.

“But the lord spoke to Mozeps: Tell the children of Israel, they shall push. You, lift the barbell over the pudding-ocean of the weak and separate them, so my people can pass through to the holy gym.” - Exodus 14
BeneficialCucumber

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Dr_Oolen » 29 Apr 2019 08:36

Spoiler:
Yeah, they could have killed more "important" characters. Especially considering how they were (pretty much all of them) literally surrounded by hundreds of zombies in basically 1-3v9000+ situations, but somehow they managed to survive for half an hour alone against hordes of zombies :D

Basically the tones in the episode didnt match at all... they made it all seem completely lost, like the living have literally no chance and shouldnt really even bother trying, but then no one really important dies and the few "chosen ones" just magically survive everything while literally everyone around them dies... felt like they werent humans but some magical heroes from marvel universe.

They either should have killed off like half of the important characters or they shouldnt have made the whole battle seem so insanely onesided, or at least make it look super onesided but with the "heroes" actually surviving through different means than basically being surrounded by hundreds of zombies that dont seem to bother even trying, while at the same time ez laif ez gaym rektangling literally everyone else that doesnt wear plot armor.

Also PogNog at Bran warging and doing nothing for half the episode, also made me think "wtf"... lets hope we learn he actually was doing something useful during that time that pays off...

And i too am troggeld that we never learnt anything about the night king and what he wanted... and are left with the weak reason of "gotsa kill everyone just for lulz". Maybe we will learn something yet, but i dont really believe we will.

They could have used Tyrion to do something smart too, i kinda hoped he would just go and do shit when he wanted to, making some significant difference. But like this they are either trying to save his stronk moment and plot save for the battle against Cercei, or they are simply setting him up for a traitoring as he has been constantly told that hes useless and that he cant do shit.

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

Postby Bronn1 » 29 Apr 2019 10:49

Spoiler:
I agree with everyting with what you guys said, but, still, i enjoyed this episode a great deal, even with the anticlimatic ending. Actually it was more satisfying for me than Avengers Endgame.
The battles scenes were great, the dragon fights were awesome, the music was really good and i was in a state of tension throughout the whole episode, something that few movies or episodes achieved so far.
Now to the minuses, as you all pointed out i think an important character should've died, Arya for example, at the last scene, they could've made her sacrifice while Bran would kill the NK with some of his magical powers, or something.
Also, they could've killed Danaerys just because it's Game of Thrones and they put her in a position she shouldn't have survived.
Why the hell is Ghost still around and is shown at the beginning of the episode and after that you can't see him anywhere, he is not seen getting killed, he is not seen chewing on an undead bone, he vanishes, and this happened throughout the last 3-4 seasons. It's really weird.
About the Night King's death, they should have done it better, way better, but i'm still hoping they are going to introduce something that will tell us that he is not dead, just dormant for a while, or something. Or maybe Bran will transform into the Night King, or just like the three eyed ravens trained a new three eyed raven, maybe the same happened with the Night King, too. The reason why i think it's improbable that the Night King story has ended here, is because, from what i understood from the seriese and the books is that when he is gone the winter will be gone as well, but i might remember it wrong.
Now, about Night King's motivations and why he wants to kill everyone: i think you can figure that out from the series and books, since they talked about this.
The Night King was created by the children of the forrest, when they were at war with the men that invaded the island of westeros 10k years ago, to kill men, so that's what he is doing, he is doing what he was created for, something like a robot that was set to kill all and he won't stop until he does. And i'm fine with this explanation, he is someone you can't negotiate, you can't blackmail, you can't reason with, he's reason of being is to kill all men.
But, this thing makes his "easy" killing even less logical.
In the end, again, even with all the writing problems of the episode, i still enjoyed it sooo much.
And a last thing about the writing, it's gone south after they surpassed the books, and probably that's why GRRM is taking sooo long to write the next book, he is trying to avoid an easy solution like they often chose in the series.

Bronn1

Postby Xen » 29 Apr 2019 17:31

the episode was a bit boring and underwhelming. I hope that this was not it and they have something more in the next episode.

Xen

Commander
Commander

Postby McMokka » 29 Apr 2019 20:37

Spoiler:
Tbh i would have liked davos going after melisandre and putting the collar on her to Dave her. I don't think that the episode suffered from too many main characters surviving. Jorah and theon being dead qualifies as "killing of mains" in my book. And there are 5 episodes to go, so I guess there is more to come.
As bronn said, night kings motivation is as easy as that. Killing all living things. That makes him somewhat one dimensional but the mystery around the walkers was always how to stop them, not why they are so rude to eat people.
Guess bran was doing something while being on his little trip. Maybe influencing arya, maybe spreading the word or some kind of information with his ravens.

I think it was kind of a missed opportunity not to show the remains of ned stark or lyanna stark making a comeback as Zombie, attacking Sansa, getting destroyed by tyrion..would have been a nice gimmick.

Also, since no one mentioned it: seems like there is only drogon left. After rheagal drops from the sky you see nothing of him. Since he was on the ground when the night king resurrected everything he might have died afterwards.

I didn't really understand why viserion was going crazy after the "injury". Normally the dead don't care about being crippled and injured.

All in all I was on the edge of my seat most of the episode, enjoyed it thoroughly and looking forward to the next one :)

Fonz: "GET OUT OF THE CHOPPAA"

"If someone damages a dog, I will become Kack Nichokson" - Kinderseele, 2k17

"I really need a lover" - Arturd, Summer2k17
McMokka

Officer
Officer

Postby Gotma » 29 Apr 2019 20:45

Spoiler:
First of all: LUL at everyone thinking the battle was going any different than that. After the battle of the basterds, we all kinda knew that even GoT battles wouldn't end in any other way than the good guys getting away with stupid stuff (dothraki, useless catapults, bran being warg-cunting out etc) but in the end would win out of a hopeless situation by some ridiculous out of the blue nonsense character appearance (melisandre totally mvping out here, knights of the green valley in battle of basterds, benjen saving jon, stannis repelling the wildlings etc)

Other than that I agree with bronn here: great cinema all around, but I always liked the story driven episodes more. People plotting, traiting and changing sides was always the strong suit of the show, battles are just side notes.

I really wonder how, danny will claim the throne with one dragon, maybe 10 loyal guys and girls but a shitton of northmen rather staying in the north to rebuild their home Kappa

@mokke: 3 episodes

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby BeneficialCucumber » 29 Apr 2019 21:05

Gotma wrote:I really wonder how, danny will claim the throne with one dragon

Well, other dragon survived as seen in ep 4 preview and they also have ghost so easy win xd

Also a friend and I came up with a nice theory: since the night king marked Bran's arm while he was warging - to close up the whole series - he might move north the wall again and become the next night king, wall gets repaired and the the cycle repeats.
On the other hand there wouldn't be a three eyed raven then anymore.

“But the lord spoke to Mozeps: Tell the children of Israel, they shall push. You, lift the barbell over the pudding-ocean of the weak and separate them, so my people can pass through to the holy gym.” - Exodus 14
BeneficialCucumber

Ex-mr sexii
Ex-mr sexii

Postby Gotma » 29 Apr 2019 21:13

Fucking preview spoiled kiddos Kappa

Gotma

Commander
Commander

Postby Bronn1 » 29 Apr 2019 21:15

I was thinking somewhat the same about Bran and him being the next Night King, but, probably, the simplest conclusion is the correct one, they will simply just stop here with the winter is coming plot and move on and finish the game of thrones.

Bronn1

Postby Dr_Oolen » 29 Apr 2019 21:29

They might have some plot twist saved up for us (something along the lines of a cycle repeating), its quite obvious next episode will be them celebrating the win and starting to move to kings landing, some politicking and arguing/drama in between. 5th episode will be some sort of battle over kings landing, although i dont expect any significant battle, just some trickery/traitoring that will sort the shit out. Then plenty of time in that episode to basically do the politics shit about who gets the throne. And the last episode is basically for whatever they want as everything (that the series was about) will imo have been resolved in 5th episode. So either they could go down the road of " 5 years later - look at dis new rebuilt winterfell, sansas babies and grand maester Sam" or they could, instead of such "happy inconsequential ending" show how people are already taking steps that will lead to a new cycle of winter and death. But im more inclined towards the happy ending as the show is simply ending and theres no point in hinting at another cycle because no one will be, at least for a long time, making any new game of thrones series that arent based on existing stories/books (afaik there isnt anything from the "future" of these events, right? just stories from previous times).

Dr_Oolen

Officer
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Public Friends' Section